Apache port problem?
Posted by: petegoast (79.97.148.---)
Date: February 16, 2018 05:07AM

1 - Windows version used (Specify version number AND whether 32 or 64 bit) Windows 10 32-bit
2 - Version WampServer (Specify version number AND whether 32 or 64 bit) Wampserver32
3 - Apache Version 2.4.27
4 - PHP Version 7.1.9
5 - MySQL Version 5.7.19
5a - MariaDB version if applicable 10.2.8
6 - What color is the WampServer icon (in the notification area of the taskbar) Orange

There is nothing in the apache error log, the file wasn't even created until I started trying to fix this error

7 - In the file c:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts, what are the active lines?
* Active means no # at the beginning of the line.

127.0.0.1 localhost

9 - Do you have access to phpMyAdmin? Yes

10 - If you refer to an error message, please include the EXACT wording of the error in your post
11 - If you use an Antivirus and / or Firewall, please include the names of these

No antivirus, just windows. I uninstalled skype and I'm not allowing IIS anything. Apache is allowed through firewall.

12 - What is the full path to the installation of WampServer (eg D:\wamp\)

C:/wamp/

13 - If you have one or more Virtual Hosts defined, please show their definition(s)
None

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So yeah, windows event log keeps telling me that Apache has no listening sockets available. When I use the "Test Port 80" on Apache wamp itself, it's telling me nothing is using it. Everything installed fine on my PC, but this is all on my laptop, so my network is fine. Could really go for some help, I hope I filled out everything ok, thanks smiling smiley

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Apache port problem?
Posted by: RiggsFolly (Moderator)
Date: February 16, 2018 10:17AM

Hi,

Can you copy the exact error message from your event viewer so we can see it please.

One thing, to start us off, did you install all the MSVC C/C++ Runtime libraries that was instructed in the first dialog that the install shows to you?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Posted by: petegoast (109.79.250.---)
Date: February 16, 2018 11:07AM

Here is a screenshot of my windows event error

[imgur.com]

Yes I installed all components it asked me of wamp. For some reason this seems to be a problem with 32 bit machines, cause the only people I've seen had this issue are laptop users.

Also, my apache error log is empty.

Posted by: RiggsFolly (Moderator)
Date: February 16, 2018 12:51PM

Is your laptop connected to your network? Cable or WiFi?

I seem to remember, that when some people that are not actually connected to a network, the OS specially on laptops does not seem to load the full network stack.
Of course Apache and MySQL use TCP to communicate and that could explain this issue

Have you tried launching WAMPServer when you are actually connected to the internet?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Posted by: petegoast (109.79.250.---)
Date: February 16, 2018 02:51PM

My laptop has been connected to my home network via Wi-Fi for this entire time yeah, it's never disconnected. It took a long time for me to even right click the wampserver in the tray and for it to actually give me settings and such, I couldn't do anything with wampserver before that really beyond manually change the files. Just started working randomly after deleting and skype and stuff.

May just call it, and buy a 64 bit laptop for 200-ish quid, and use the 64 bit version there. Everyone in my class (about 10 people) never ran into this issue when they all downloaded it except me on my fisher price level laptop toy lol

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.