wamp server for separate user
Posted by: greeshma (117.239.74.---)
Date: February 08, 2018 06:01AM

how to run separate wamp server for separate user in my pc.The projects in one wamp server should not see on another user.plz suggest any solution.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: wamp server for separate user
Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: February 09, 2018 01:08PM

Hello,

This is a translation of a contribution that I had posted on the French forum Wampserver.

I have test launching of WampServer - thus starting wampapache and wampmysqld services - in a "standard" user session that is to say without administrator privileges, and it works, at least on my W7 session Pro 64-bit with two users:
- "Dominique" administrator
- "Otomatic" standard user

Everything that follows is to be performed in an administrator session:

Download the utility "Setacl.exe" the free version from the command line on the website [helgeklein.com]
This version:
Administrators: Download the EXE version of SetACL 3.0.6 for 32-bit and 64-bit Windows.

Unzip the file, which will create a folder: SetACL (executable Version)\ in which there are two other folder for 32 bit and 64 bit versions.
Open a command window into the 32 or 64 bits folder depending on the version of Windows. If you have a Windows 64-bit, it is imperative to run the 64-bit version of setacl.
In the command window, we will give the rights to a user to start, stop and read wampapache, wampmysqld and wampmariadb services, in my case the user without rights "Otomatic."
Generic command is:
setacl -on "service_name" -ot srv -ace "n:user_name_without_rights;p:start_stop,read" -actn ace
which gives the following two commands for WampServer:
setacl -on "wampapache" -ot srv -ace "n:Otomatic;p:start_stop,read" -actn ace
setacl -on "wampmysqld" -ot srv -ace "n:Otomatic;p:start_stop,read" -actn ace
setacl -on "wampmariadb" -ot srv -ace "n:Otomatic;p:start_stop,read" -actn ace
Of course:
- you replace Otomatic by the name of the user you want to allow to start the services.
- you replace service names by wampapache64, wampmysqld64 and wampmaraidb64 if uou use Wampserver 64 bit.
The user account must exist before performing the commands.

By connecting with Otomatic session, I can start WampServer, which starts the services and pass the icon green with access to localhost and phpMyAdmin.
It works also with Windows 10 32 or 64 bits.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.