Opening Wamp 64 bit flashing black box
Posted by: magicalwonders (---.plus.com)
Date: June 24, 2018 06:11PM

Hi,

I've been using Wamp 2.5, 32 bit version for quite a while, but have just switched to WampServer 3.1.3 64 bit. on Windows 10 Pro.

The Wamp works fine, but each time I start the software, I get a brief flash of a black window, which never used to happen with the 32 bit version.

I was running Win 10 version 1803, but have just rolled back to a disk image of V.1607. I've carried out a fresh install of WampServer 3.1.3 and noticed in the install notes that is says the following - "... After launching Wampserver by its shortcut, you will see the brief appearance of a window, then you must get the Wampmanager icon in the notification area at the bottom right of the screen...."

I'm guessing from this that the black window I'm getting is a normal start procedure? Here's a quick screen recording to show what is happening - [vimeo.com]

Hope someone can advise is this is normal for the 64 bit version. smiling smiley

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Opening Wamp 64 bit flashing black box
Posted by: RiggsFolly (Moderator)
Date: June 24, 2018 06:23PM

Hi,

Yes the Command window that pops up and then dissapears is now part the normal proceedure of starting WAMPServer.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Re: Opening Wamp 64 bit flashing black box
Posted by: magicalwonders (---.plus.com)
Date: June 24, 2018 06:44PM

Hi,

Thanks for the confirmation. smiling smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.