reinstall wamp, recover wordpress site
Posted by: ottawaguy (---.cpe.teksavvy.com)
Date: February 02, 2018 10:53PM

My Hard drive recently crashed and i hat to reinstall all new software on my drive including WAMP Server version 3.1.0
i was 90% done building my Wordpress site locally when this crash happened. I did not have a backup. I did however manage to get the entire wamp64 directory off the old drive. how to i recover my website so i can see it again in phpmyadmin.

any help is appreciated

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: reinstall wamp, recover wordpress site
Posted by: RiggsFolly (Moderator)
Date: February 04, 2018 02:05AM

Hi,

Assuming you did not yet try reinstalling WAMPServer, but it you did, then uninstall it.

Now copy your old wamp64 folder onto your new disk. If it used to be installed on C: then you must copy it onto C: again, or if it was on D: then copy it to D:

Now find wamp64\wampmanager.exe using filemanager and run it.

This should start the wampmanager i.e the program that puts the W icon into the system tray.

Using the wampmanaher menus do:

wampmanager->Apache->Services->Install Service
wampmanager->MySQL->Services->Install Service

Now do

wampmanager->Apache->Services->Start/Resume service
wampmanager->MySQL->Services->Start/Resume service

Check the Apache error log and the MySQL Error log to make sure everything started ok.

Basically, you should now be back to where you were when the system crashed.
All you databases and site code should be there and be accessible,

Before doing anything else make sure you have current and then regular backups of databases and site code

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.