wamp mysql green tick missing
Posted by: peyvand (5.52.219.---)
Date: June 17, 2018 08:38PM

hello , after allow mariadb , mysql green tick is missing , help please

Re: wamp mysql green tick missing
Posted by: CanadaCommunity.org (204.197.182.---)
Date: June 18, 2018 04:47AM

I havent played around with Wamp as i haven't had any issues for awhile but you can try this, for MySql click on my.ini and open it with notepad, search for port 3306 and replace it with 3310 after restart all services. Hopefully that fixes the problem.

Sincerely,
CanadaCommunity.org (run by WampServer)
If you have any questions concerning WampServer please feel free to join.

Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: June 18, 2018 09:06AM

Hi,

> MySql click on my.ini and open it with notepad, search for port 3306 and replace it with 3310
NO.
If you need to change the MySQL port (Still you should know why) you should use the tools integrated for a long time in Wampserver.
Right-click -> Tools -> (Under item "Port used by MySQL : xxxx"winking smiley Use a port other than xxxx

By doing so the port is changed wherever it should be and not only in the my.ini file.

But again, should we know what "peyvand" means by "mysql green tick is missing".

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Posted by: peyvand (37.98.60.---)
Date: June 18, 2018 09:27AM

thanks , solved

Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: June 18, 2018 10:09AM

Hi,

A green tick on a database manager (DBMS) icon means that this manager is the default DBMS, i.e. it uses port 3306 and the other DBMS use another port like 3307 or 3308.

If you want to change the default DBMS, for example in the case presented, put MySQL by default instead of MariaDB, there is an integrated tool that performs all the necessary operations in a single click.
Right-Click -> Tools -> (Under item Default DBMS) Invert default DBMS MariaDB <-> MySQL

And the result will be:

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Posted by: CanadaCommunity.org (204.197.182.---)
Date: June 19, 2018 01:01AM

@ Otomatic

Wow Wamp has changed alot in the new version, unfortunate that i am still using 2xxx version but it still rocks.

Thanks for the tutorial in your above thread, It will for sure help out alot of people!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.