Can not install wamp
Posted by: sunfighter (---.hsd1.wa.comcast.net)
Date: June 13, 2018 08:32PM

I have new computer, 64 bit windows10. I downloaded VC 11 vcredist_x64/86.exe and wampserver 3. When I try to install wamp it tells me to install it in C:\wamp. I say OK. it then says Not a wamp folder - choose folder of Wampserver. Thats the end of the install.

I backup and change the folder to Wampserver, but get the same message and things just stop.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Can not install wamp
Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: June 13, 2018 08:58PM

Hi,

You have not downloaded a complete Wampserver installer, but an addon.

See WAMPserver 3 - All you need to know

Before install do :
- Verify that all VC ++ packages are installed and with the latest versions.
To do this, use the tool:
Checks VC++ packages installed
And you will find all the packages on [wampserver.aviatechno.net] in section Visual C++ Redistribuable Packages
Do not forget that if you have a 64 bit Windows, you must install both 32 and 64 bit versions of each package.
You must install each package "as an administrator", so right-click the exe file and then run as Administrator.
Do not use a previously loaded tool. Make a new download to make sure you are using the correct version.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Posted by: sunfighter (---.hsd1.wa.comcast.net)
Date: June 13, 2018 10:33PM

Just so y'all know. I downloaded the file from sourceForge, this is where your main page tells me to go. Name of the file : wampserver3_x64_addon_mariadb10.3.7.exe

Google sent me to a different site and I downloaded file: wampserver3.1.0_x64.exe This one installed. Have not tryed it out yet, Will update if it works.

Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: June 13, 2018 10:44PM

Hi,

Google does not hold the truth about Wampserver. The link I gave earlier is the truth about Wampserver.

The last version is 3.1.3
Sourceforge shows the last uploaded file, not the last full install version.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/14/2018 09:05AM by Otomatic.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.