Database tables missing
Posted by: Boldee (---.8-3.cable.virginm.net)
Date: January 25, 2018 11:19PM

First of all sorry if this has been asked before I did search but with no luck.

I had to reinstall wamp64 on to a new drive, I backed up my site and the database ready for the new install (Same wamp version as the site ran on originally), I reinstalled wamp on the new drive and tested that all services were running and they were, I then copied over my backed up site and database, all services still run fine.

My site is Joomla based, when trying access the site I am getting an error stating that the database session table is missing, on checking the database only some tables are being recognised, specifically tables starting with letters A through to F, all tables are present for the site in the data folder however.

This seems a little odd and I have never come across anything like this before, has anyone got an idea of what is going on here and how I can fix this?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Database tables missing
Posted by: Boldee (---.8-3.cable.virginm.net)
Date: January 25, 2018 11:53PM

Please disregard it was pilot error, I hadn't copied the iddata1 file over.

Re: Database tables missing
Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: January 26, 2018 09:10AM

Hi,

You were really very lucky that this way of transferring tables works without any problems.

The only reliable and durable way to transfer database is to export/import into SQL files.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.