Unformatted and erroneous text in local testing environment
Posted by: caydee (---.dip0.t-ipconnect.de)
Date: January 25, 2018 01:03PM

Hello RiggsFolly,

I have been having a strange problem lately probably since the new Creator Fall Update for Windows 10 version 1709 OS Build 16299.125.

I'm using Git Bash and Gulp to build a website locally on WAMP. As I lately opened GIT Bash it showed 2 errors:
Error: Could not fork child process: Resources temporarily unavailable (-1)
DLL rebasing may be required; 'rebaseall /rebase --help'.

After I tried and failed to fix with scanty help on the Internet, I downloaded 'cmdr' and went on my business as usual and then suddenly realized that some my text passages were totally unformatted in Sublime Text 3, but found that it did the same thing in Atom as well as Brackets. Some of it displays weirdly (breaks apart at the seams) in the browser.

I really don't know which application is the culprit and what the solution is. I did try updating Windows 10 as there are some newer ones available, but it continues to show the version and OS Build as above. And since you best know all about the server environment and behaviour therein, I dare to hope and ask for help here.

Any solutions? Would greatly appreciate.

Thank you,

Caydee

Caydee

IN ALL THINGS BE MEN
Windows 10 x64 | WAMP 3.3.2 - x64 | Apache 2.4.58 | MySQL 8.2.0 | PHP 8.2.13 | PHPMyAdmin 5.2.0

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/25/2018 01:20PM by caydee.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Unformatted and erroneous text in local testing environment
Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: January 25, 2018 03:33PM

Hi,

> What a way to thank Ottomatic! by installing XAMPP and not WAMP..!
Go to XAMPP to get an answer, especially since your question has nothing to do with Wampserver.
Good wind!

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.