The installation folder chosen is not that of Wampserver[[ERROR]]
Posted by: jksilva (---.life.com.br)
Date: May 30, 2018 08:21PM

So, I've trying to install Wamp but everytime that i click on installator my wamp says: " The installation folder chosen is not that of Wampserver. Select the installation folder of Wampserver." but i try do change the folder and nothing, and I'm lost because I trie to install x86 and don't work to, so I ask your help guys!

Obs. My notebook is a x64 version

Edited 6 time(s). Last edit at 05/30/2018 08:27PM by jksilva.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The installation folder chosen is not that of Wampserver[[ERROR]]
Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: May 30, 2018 08:49PM

Hi,

What is the compete name of the file you want to install ?

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Posted by: dr_coder (185.91.231.---)
Date: May 31, 2018 11:21AM

I have exactly the same problem. (I have had to reinstall Wampserver because the spring update of Windows 10 devastated my computer.) The exact file I am trying to install is wampserver3_x64_addon_mariadb10.3.7.exe

Date: May 31, 2018 12:33PM

Hi,

> wampserver3_x64_addon_mariadb10.3.7.exe
As the file name indicates, this is not a Wampserver installation file, but a file adding a component (In this case MariaDB 10.3.7) to Wampserver already installed. This is indicated by the term "addon".

To see what the complete installation files are, read : WAMPserver 3 - All you need to know

And, if you want to see easily which files are all for Wampserver, it is much easier to consult the page: http://wampserver.aviatechno.net which is much better organized than Sourceforge.

Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/31/2018 12:47PM by RiggsFolly.

Posted by: dr_coder (185.91.231.---)
Date: May 31, 2018 02:30PM

Oh hell! Thank you for your reply. I simply clicked on the button which said "Download the latest version", and was prominent on the page.

My excuse is that because of the Windows crash (directly caused by Microsoft) I have only had a couple of hours sleep in the last 24 hours.Most of that time was spent recovering my network.

Now at last I have the network working and can download the essential programs. I have been using your fine program since you first produced it, and it is one of the most urgent for me to have on my computer again. Thanks again.

Date: May 31, 2018 02:54PM

Hi,

> I simply clicked on the button which said "Download the latest version"
Sourceforge is very badly organized for that. We don't know the "latest version" of what. It is never specified whether this is the latest full installation version or the latest addon.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.