Wamp onloy start 2 services
Posted by: ameliabob (---.hsd1.fl.comcast.net)
Date: May 23, 2018 03:00PM

I have been running wamp for about 2 weeks and now it won't complete the startup. i.e. I only get to the orange "w".

Where do I go to find out what is not running?

When I try to start phpMyAdmin I get the error " #2054 - Server sent charset unknown to the client. Please, report to the developers"

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Wamp onloy start 2 services
Posted by: RiggsFolly (Moderator)
Date: May 23, 2018 03:23PM

hi

I would guess it is the MySQL or mariaDb that is not starting.

Check (right click) wampmanager->Tools->Check State of Service

If this is the case check the MySQL or mariaDB error log

Check (left click) wampmanager->MySQL->MySQL log

I would bet that there is a database corruption and that is stopping the service starting.

If I am wrong, please show us some of the error messages from which ever log matches the problem service and we will try to advise further.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Re: Wamp only start 2 services
Date: May 23, 2018 03:48PM

From mysql.log is this response:
2018-05-23T13:36:40.009994Z 0 [ERROR] Can't start server: Bind on TCP/IP port: No such file or directory
2018-05-23T13:36:40.011026Z 0 [ERROR] Do you already have another mysqld server running on port: 3306 ?
2018-05-23T13:36:40.011841Z 0 [ERROR] Aborting

How do I shut down 3306? All that is running at this time is the firefox browser.

Re: Wamp only start 2 services
Posted by: RiggsFolly (Moderator)
Date: May 23, 2018 04:34PM

Hi

Have you installed something recently that may have come with its own MySQL Server.

It sounds like there is another MySQL Server running on your system. Remember MySQL server runs as a service and therefore will not show up in the running programs list

This normally happens when someone installs something like MySQL Workbench. That comes in 2 flavours one with its own MySQL Server instance and one without.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Date: May 23, 2018 06:10PM

Would this include something like the 'node' system?

Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: May 23, 2018 09:17PM

Hi,

What is the result of
Right-click Wampmanager tray icon -> Tools -> Test port 3306

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.