Wamp5 Version 1.6.1 / Server 2003 sad smiley
Posted by: SighKick (---.com)
Date: March 17, 2006 01:39AM

Apache would not load and run on Windows Server 2003 Enterprise Edn when I tried using the latest version 1.6.1.

Uninstalled and loaded version 1.6.0 and Apache is working fine. I have not checked the rest of it yet, but I have had a run of bad luck with downloading and installing the latest version. phpMyAdmin 2.8.0.1 sux too... certain features wouldn't work but as soon as I downloaded and installed an older version, all was fine.

Hope this helps those with problems. Cheers. Dave of NZ

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Wamp5 Version 1.6.1 / Server 2003 sad smiley
Posted by: CyberSpatium (---.hsd1.or.comcast.net)
Date: March 17, 2006 02:07AM

If you had done a simple search you would have see that this question has been answered 10,000 times already. Windoze 2k3 comes with IIS. IIS uses the same port as apache (port 80). If port 80 is being used, apache will not start. You need to stop IIS before starting apache. Also, if you have skype installed, it too uses port 80, so it needs to be stopped and disabled too or apache will not start.

Re: Wamp5 Version 1.6.1 / Server 2003 sad smiley
Posted by: SighKick (---.com)
Date: March 17, 2006 08:08AM

CyberSpatium :

Yep, you are correct, two webservers would not co-exist on the same server and hope to use the same port.

That is why when I loaded 2k3 Enterprise Edition I didn't load ANY SERVICES AT ALL. No IIS6, No DNS, No FTP or SMTP nothing, nada, zilch, ZERO.

And yes, the first thing I checked was if IIS6 had loaded - not even a mention of it in SERVICES,

So, Wamp5 1.6.1 loaded MySQL fine, Apache 2 didn't even appear in the services.

Wamp5 1.6.0 loaded both MySQL AND Apache 2 loaded 100%

What do we deduce here? That there is something wrong with the install of 1.6.1 - Just thought you guys would like to know. If not, no worries, 1.6.0 works just fine.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.