Page cannot be displayed
Posted by: kiran_k_3 (---.unl.edu)
Date: March 16, 2006 08:25PM

Hi guys

I had installed WAMP on my machine for the first time. when i had tried to open it in the browser [localhost] its displaying error like page cannot be displayed. I am using zone alram fire wall , is the problem with this fire Wall? The tray icon is yellow in color vat does it indicate? To see the above page vat color the icon should be?

Can any one say solution for this

Thanks
kiran

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Page cannot be displayed
Posted by: way2evil (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: March 16, 2006 11:04PM

left click on the icon in the system tray and tell me what of the two items (apache and mysql) has the play icon (something like >winking smiley next to it. one of your programs isnt running

Posted by: kiran_k_3 (---.unl.edu)
Date: March 16, 2006 11:52PM

Hi

In my try icon both apache and mysql has no ply symbol or rectangle symbol. I want to use mysql. vat shall i do

Thank
kiran

Posted by: way2evil (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: March 17, 2006 01:03AM

left click on the thing in the system tray and press start all services

Posted by: CyberSpatium (---.hsd1.or.comcast.net)
Date: March 17, 2006 01:06AM

start apache. start mysql. Then access [localhost]

Posted by: Icecake (209.59.106.---)
Date: October 02, 2006 06:36AM

Here, Try this.

If during installation you specified a different location for your home directory eg 'c:\www' instead of 'c:\wamp\www' copy the phpmyadmin folder from this directory to your selected 'www' directory. ('c:\www')

Hope this helps.

Posted by: CyberSpatium (---.hsd1.or.comcast.net)
Date: October 03, 2006 01:56AM

do not move your phpmyadmin folder. phpmyadmin has nothing to do with any problems starting apache or mysql. it is just php script that helps you admin your mysql databases. there is an alias setting in your httpd.conf file that needs your phpmyadmin folder to be in its original location to work:

Include "c:/wamp/apache2/conf/alias/phpmyadmin.conf"

if you move the phpmyadmin folder, that alias will not work. since the alias setting is in your httpd.conf file, it could cause apache to not start.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.