phpmyadmin doesn't get me in after fresh installation completes
Posted by: sonchoix (---.dsl.bell.ca)
Date: December 16, 2017 09:56PM

I am so frustrated with the current wamp server now, after several attempts of fresh installation, it comes to a conclusion that this product is NOT fully tested prior to its release, reason?

After installation completes, there is a modal window showing:

--- Launch phpMyAdmin
When starting phpMyAdmin, you will be asked for a user name and password.
After installing Wampserver 3, the default username is "root" (without quotes) and there is no password, which means that you must leave the form Password box empty.

This is incorrect in my every installation, it will not take blank password for the user "root", so basically I stuck here now.

At least the above message is NOT correct.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: phpmyadmin doesn't get me in after fresh installation completes
Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: December 16, 2017 10:35PM

Hi,

First, you are not here on a hotline.
Second, you do not put two messages for the same reason.
Third, you calm down.
Fourth, you draw wrong conclusions because you have a problem.
Fifth, if your conclusion was correct, that would be known.

And now, if you want answers to a problem that comes from your system and / or your incorrect installation, you start with: READ (and answer) BEFORE YOU ASK A QUESTION

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Re: phpmyadmin doesn't get me in after fresh installation completes
Posted by: RiggsFolly (Moderator)
Date: December 18, 2017 09:47AM

It would also help if you specified WHICH version of WAMPServer 3 you are installing, and if you are installing it OVER an old version of WAMPServer or installing a vanilla WAMPServer.

If you install over a valid older version of WAMPServer, and you therefore already have a version of MySQL installed, did you change the password on the `root` user? If so then try using the old password.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.