Window XP home Edition
Posted by: Rocky (222.172.135.---)
Date: March 16, 2006 01:56PM

Greeting,

I successfully downloaded and installed WAMP5 to my laptop which is using Window XP home Edition now. But when I use IE to browse [localhost] it gives me a 404 error.

I think WAMP does not compatible with Window XP home Edition? Am I correct?
Does anybody know whic pakage is designed for Window XP home Edition?

Thanks a lot in advancewinking smiley

Rocky

People don't care how much you know untill they know how much you care

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Window XP home Edition
Posted by: CyberSpatium (---.hsd1.or.comcast.net)
Date: March 16, 2006 04:28PM

Windoze XP has nothing to do with your problem. Make sure apache is running, or you will not be able to access localhost

Post Edited (03-16-06 16:30)

CyberSpatium
----------------------
WAMP Forum Admin

Web Development for Newbie's Blog - Check out my new blog. It is for web developers, and especially tailored for the web development newbie. If you are not fluent in “geek speak”, then this incredible resource is just you. And even if you are a web development pro, this is a great resource to check out some of the latest web development tips, news, tutorials, codes and more.

Posted by: SighKick (---.com)
Date: March 17, 2006 01:35AM

If you are using version 1.6.1 try uninstalling and going down to 1.6.0 ..... thats based on my own experiences (but don't shoot me if I am wrong - seems 1.6.1 is buggy and Apache just doesn't load.)

Date: March 17, 2006 02:08AM

v1.6 ,1 fixes bugs from v1.6.0, best to use the latest version.

Posted by: Rocky (220.163.91.---)
Date: March 17, 2006 03:22AM

I started WAMP5 from start menu. and the icon on the taskbar says "WAMP5----1 of 2 services runing." Does these tell me my appache is runing?

I'm usin windows XP Home edition. Does anyone uses Window XP home Edition and get WAMP runing sucessfull? Would you mind share your experience with us?

Thanks a lot!

Rocky

People don't care how much you know untill they know how much you care

Date: March 17, 2006 06:20PM

I have Windoze XP Home, SP2. I have WAMP running file with ZoneAlarm Pro firewall.

Make sure you set windows firewall to allow apache and port 80. Make sure your own firewall is not blocking apache. some people here have complained that Norton firewall cause some problems with apache.

Make sure skype is not running, it uses the same port as apache, and if that port is being used, apache will not start.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.