Cannot download Wampserver 64 bit
Posted by: jonessl734 (---.hsd1.mi.comcast.net)
Date: April 27, 2018 11:50PM

I have tried repeatedly to download the 64 bit version of Wampserver from the English language version of the Wampserver website. The only apparent way to download is to go to SourceForge and that only has the 32 bit version.

I have tried this in Firefox and Google Chrome and get the same result.

I found a website (URL [wampserver.aviatechno.net]) that claims to be a secondary repository of the Wampserver files. Does anyone know if it is legitimate and safe?

These are the steps I've been taking in attempting to download Wampserver 64 bit:

1. Go to www.wampserver.com/en in my browser.

2. Click on the button on the left near the bottom of the page titled "WAMPSERVER 64 BITS (X64) 3.0.6".

3. A white box appears with the title "DOWNLOAD WAMPSERVER 64 BITS (X64) 3.0.6" followed by a series of warnings. The second warning is in French, so I'm not sure if I've done what's necessary, but I have followed the associated link and downloaded and installed Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2012 Update 4.

4. The warning box mentions a form to be filled out, but under the English language version of the page it does not appear. So I click on the link "download directly".

5. That takes me to the Wampserver page on SOURCEFORGE, but the only download available is 32 bit.

So, how to I download the 64 bit version of Wampserver? Any help would be appreciated.

Steve Jones

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Cannot download Wampserver 64 bit
Posted by: RiggsFolly (Moderator)
Date: April 28, 2018 12:37AM

Hi Steve,

The [wampserver.aviatechno.net] IS VERY COSHER, its Otomatics site Use it. Its a lot easier to navigate than SourceForge and easier for us to update. So its likely to be more up-to-date

But if you prefer to download form SourceForge

1. Go to [wampserver.aviatechno.net])
2. Click "start using WAMPServer" (black background yellow letters
3. Click on "WampServer 64 bits (x64) 3.0.6" Yellow background BLACK LETTERS
4. In the dialog look for "Download Directly" Yellow letters on a white background (Yuk I know)
That gets you to the sourceForge page
5. Click on "WAMPSERVER 3"
6. then on next page Click on "WAMPSERVER3.0"
7. then on next page, scroll down a bit Click on "wampserver3.1.3_x64.exe"
That should start the download

Dont forget to run the install using "Run as Administrator" it will not correctly install unless you either are an administrator or use this option.

If this is all to much can I suggest a short course in this

Sorry its late and I am feeling a little facetious

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Posted by: jonessl734 (---.hsd1.mi.comcast.net)
Date: April 28, 2018 05:25PM

Thank you very much. I was able to download the 64 bit version with no problems. I should have looked a little deeper into the SourceForge pages.
Again, Thank you!

Steve Jones

Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: April 28, 2018 06:03PM

Hi,

> I should have looked a little deeper into the SourceForge pages.
All Sourceforge direct download links are on WAMPserver 3 - All you need to know

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Posted by: sTimulated (---.as13285.net)
Date: May 09, 2018 08:48PM

Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: May 09, 2018 09:27PM

Hi,

http://wampserver.aviatechno.net/

You should change your Internet service provider.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.