403 error what can I do?
Posted by: luigicrafter (---.dip0.t-ipconnect.de)
Date: April 27, 2018 07:58PM

What can I do? I can only access the page on my host pc. On my others it says Forbidden 403.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: 403 error what can I do?
Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: April 27, 2018 09:13PM

Hi,

With Wampserver, you have installed a Web server, a database server, PHP language and SQL queries.
Congratulations, that means you're now supposed to be:

Network administrator
Web server administrator
Database Administrator
Developer
Analyst
Programmer.
etc.

All these roles normally occupy at least one person per zone. They are expected to know what they are doing before they begin.

WAMPServer is mainly a LEARNING TOOL, so that people can learn and try to take in hand one or more of these trades.

Out of the box, WAMPServer works 99.9% of the time. The remaining 0.1% is mainly due to non-compliance with the prerequisites.

However, the skills needed to use it correctly are not acquired by themselves, and are not part of the Wampserver box.

This forum has for role to allow you the basic operation of Wampserver, that is to say :
Green taskbar notification area icon.
Access to the Wampserver homepage " localhost ".
No error message at the bottom of the "localhost" page
Local access to PhpMyAdmin

Once there, Wampserver is functional; the rest: installation of CMS or WEB application, access from outside, resolution of PHP errors, etc. is not the domain of this forum.

But, as we are very nice, we can still tell you that to correct your problem, it is enough that, as a Web server administrator, you give the necessary access permissions to the local sites that you host.

First, read and apply The need for Virtual Host

Then, you can give one or more of your VirtualHost the necessary permissions to be accessed from your network or outside by studying the Apache Require directive.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wampserver 3.1.5 32 bit - Apache 2.4.37 - PHP 7.2.12/7.1.24/7.0.32/5.6.38 - MySQL 5.7.23 - MariaDB 10.3.10
Wampserver 3.1.5 64 bit - Apache 2.4.37 - PHP 7.2.12/7.1.24/7.0.32/5.6.38 - MySQL 5.7.23 - MariaDB 10.3.10
PhPMyadmin 4.8.3 - MysqlDumper 1.24.5
on W10 and W7 Pro 64 bit
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons
« Ce n'est pas parce qu'ils sont nombreux à avoir tort, qu'ils ont forcément raison. Coluche »
« It's not because they are many to be wrong, they are necessarily right. Coluche »

Options: ReplyQuote


Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.