PLEASE HELP ME: My OS stop working and I had to reinstall. All I have is my original C:\WAMP entire folder. Is enough to recover my work?
Posted by: ilflores (---.190-225-3.telecom.net.ar)
Date: April 24, 2018 05:35PM

I had to reinstall my operating system (Windows 10 64bits) because it stopped working suddenly, so I did not have time to import my databases (the sites I was developing there in Wamp) I have saved the entire folder c: \ wamp64. My question is how can I do to have all my previous sites working in my new Windows installation? Does it work just by copying the C:\wamp64 folder completely to my new operating system? Or I have to do it in another way. Thank you very much for your time and help!

(My previous wampserver version was 3.0.8), just in case is needed (one more question, is there a place where I can find previous version to actual 3.1.3? 3.0.8 for example)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/24/2018 05:39PM by ilflores.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: PLEASE HELP ME: My OS stop working and I had to reinstall. All I have is my original C:\WAMP entire folder. Is enough to recover my work?
Posted by: RiggsFolly (Moderator)
Date: April 24, 2018 06:08PM

Yes

If you still have the C:\wamp folder all you need to do is re register the Apache and MySQL Services.

1. Make a shortcut to the C:\wamp\wampmanager.exe and place it on your desktop

2. Run WampManager.exe

3. Using the WAMPmanager icon in the taskbar and its menus do : -

3a. left click wampmanager icon -> Apache -> Service Administration -> Install Service
3b. left click wampmanager icon -> MySQL -> Service Administration -> Install Service

4. 3a. left click wampmanager icon -> Start all Services

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Re: PLEASE HELP ME: My OS stop working and I had to reinstall. All I have is my original C:\WAMP entire folder. Is enough to recover my work?
Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: April 24, 2018 06:28PM

Hi,

> 1. Make a shortcut to the C:\wamp\wampmanager.exe and place it on your desktop
At installation, the Wampserver shortcut is created to launch Wampserver "as administrator", so :
Right-click on the new shortcut created
Properties
Shortcut tab
Advanced button
Check Run as an administrator
OK, Apply, OK

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Date: April 24, 2018 06:29PM

Ohyes, I forgot about the Administrator issue.

Thank you Oto

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Date: April 24, 2018 06:55PM

Thanks both RiggsFolly and Otomatic!! You really gave me big hope about my problem.

So, no need to reinstall Wamp, just use my copy of the entire directory. I tried to run wampmanager.exe but it gave me the error message of Msvcr110.dll is missing, so as I read in internet, prior the steps you suggest me, I have to reinstall all the VC files and then continue with your steps, right?

Again, thanks so much for your help!!!!

Date: April 24, 2018 07:41PM

Hi,

- Verify that all VC ++ packages are installed and with the latest versions.
To do this, use the tool:
Checks VC++ packages installed
And you will find all the packages on [wampserver.aviatechno.net] in section Visual C++ Redistribuable Packages
Do not forget that if you have a 64 bit Windows, you must install both 32 and 64 bit versions of each package.
You must install each package "as an administrator", so right-click the exe file and then run as Administrator.
Do not use a previously loaded tool. Make a new download to make sure you are using the correct version.

Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Date: April 24, 2018 07:41PM

Everything works perfectly except for ONE SITE (just the only one that matters to me since was the last one I'm working on, dammed!!!!) Please see the image to see the errors and if that suggest you something I can fix it.

[imgur.com]

It's so strange that all other sites works perfectly and this one not!!! Again, thanks so much for your help!

PS: you if helps, here I put one of the errors messages:

( ! ) WARNING: MYSQLI_QUERY(): (HY000/1194): TABLE 'WP_POSTS' IS MARKED AS CRASHED AND SHOULD BE REPAIRED IN C:\WAMP64\WWW\MYPOS\WP-INCLUDES\WP-DB.PHP ON LINE 1924
CALL STACK

Date: April 24, 2018 07:51PM

All the issues appears in the browser say ocurrs at line 1924 in the wp-db.php file of Wordpress.

This is the code just in case it helps:

/**
* Internal function to perform the mysql_query() call.
* @since 3.9.0
* @see wpdb::query()
* @param string $query The query to run.
*/
private function _do_query( $query ) {
if ( defined( 'SAVEQUERIES' ) && SAVEQUERIES ) {
$this->timer_start();
}

if ( ! empty( $this->dbh ) && $this->use_mysqli ) {
$this->result = mysqli_query( $this->dbh, $query );
} elseif ( ! empty( $this->dbh ) ) {
$this->result = mysql_query( $query, $this->dbh );
}
$this->num_queries++;

if ( defined( 'SAVEQUERIES' ) && SAVEQUERIES ) {
$this->queries[] = array( $query, $this->timer_stop(), $this->get_caller() );
}
}

Date: April 24, 2018 08:05PM

Hi,

Databases, mainly with the InnoDB engine, are very sensitive to system crashes and untimely shutdowns because disk and MySQL caches are not written, which can cause data loss and corruption.
The first thing to do, in the properties of the disk on which the database is located, is to disable the write cache.

The second is to attempt a repair of the database and more particularly of the incriminated table.

This can be done by PhpMyAdmin.
Select the database that contains the table declared "crashed" then check this table and in the operations to perform :
Analysis
Check
Repair
It may not be enough to do it on the only table declared "crashed" and you may need to select all tables before running Repair.
What PhpMyAdmin does is exactly what you can do on the command line in the MySQL bin folder with mysqlcheck.exe but is much easier to use.

Date: April 24, 2018 08:38PM

Ohh!! I'm so sad, I did all the steps you suggest me but was not able to recover it properly. Thanks so much anyway for all your help on this. I learned my lesson here. Backup everyday my work before shuting donw my pc.

mypos.wp_posts
check
warning
5 clients are using or haven't closed the table pr...
mypos.wp_posts
check
error
Size of datafile is: 0 Should be: 3018432
mypos.wp_posts
check
error
Corrupt

Date: April 24, 2018 09:03PM

Hi,

Since I do computer science and database management, i.e. since 1973 (It doesn't rejuvenate me!) I have always applied the three commandments that have been instilled in me:
1st : Make backups
2nd : Make reliable backups
3rd : Make reliable backups often (*)
For sites, what is important are databases, applications such as Wordpress can always be reinstalled, even if it takes a little time.
A poorly rewritten database or hard disk problems on the files that make up this database, or an untimely power outage, usually result in an inability to recover the database.
It is therefore the backups of the database that must be performed primarily at the site itself.
You can use the PhpMyAdmin Export function.
You can also use mysqldump.exe from the command line and even automate it with the Windows task scheduler after some explanations given by the --help function.

(*) Since that date, either at work or with my personal computer, I have never lost a single byte.

Date: April 25, 2018 02:14AM

Great advice, no doubt at all.
Look, I'm not giving up about this since for me, it's so hard to understand how a not saved properly error can mess it up so much (what I cant accept so easy is not to be able to recover and fix this kind of issue)

Can you show me where I can find the wampserver 64 bits 3.0.8 install file? I know it make not sense since seems the issue is with the MYI wp_posts database file not saved properly and nothing to do with wampserver installation, but I have to try it anyway as a last resort.

Date: April 25, 2018 02:47AM

I'm a little desperate here. If I use this tool, for example: SQL Recovery Tool [www.sqlrecoverytool.com] will I have a chance?

As far as I see, all I need is to have a database file version saved previous to the bad shutdown. But that is a kind a complicated issue since I'm on a new OS. Dammed

Date: April 25, 2018 09:21AM

Hi,

> If I use this tool, for example: SQL Recovery Tool [www.sqlrecoverytool.com] will I have a chance?
May be. I never had the opportunity to use this tool.

You can try the MySQL built-in tool, mysqlcheck.exe
With Wampserver 3.1.3, you can open a command window directly on the MySQL bin folder:
Right-click -> Tools -> Command Windows -> Command windows mysql/bin
And to get help on this command, in the command window, type:

mysqlcheck.exe --help | more

Date: April 25, 2018 12:35PM

Hi

The only way to find out if these tools can help is to try them.

We cannot be experts on tools we have not needed to use.

My only suggestion is to make a backup there's that word again of your complete wamp folder before trying anything.
That way if a recovery tools makes things worse you still get to try another and another.

It may well be that a recovery tool will allow a partial recovery i.e. get the database running again with the loss of only a small amount of data. But even if it looks like you have recovered to a working state, you should still check that all the data has been recovered.

But in general please remember, I have never written perfect bug free code, neither have you, and that applies to every developer in the universe. It also applies to the developers of MySQL and every other piece of software

So backups are not something you do just to LIVE data, they apply to any data that will take you longer to re-create then it would to run a backup and restore.

Date: April 25, 2018 07:21PM

I want to try this solution you say: mysqlcheck.exe --help | more

The wamp64 folder I have as backup is using 3.0.8. Let me know please how I can run this command since I'm not a command line guy. Thanks so much!
(database path C:\wamp64\bin\mysql\mysql5.7.14\data) and (mysqlcheck.exe path C:\wamp64\bin\mysql\mysql5.7.14\bin)

I also have the Stellar Phoenix SQL Database Repair v8 but it only repairs MDF database files and I have .sql one. Dammed. I'm trying to find out of to do the conversion to try Stellar solution

Date: April 26, 2018 12:24AM

No.

I suggest that you read the manual. You can find a link in my signature to get you to the MySQL manual.

WAMPServer is a tool provided for your use for FREE. We dont write MySQL we just package it in a neat and simple installation.

It is up to you to learn how to use these tools.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.