Deployed exam application with wampserver
Posted by: henryikede (105.112.112.---)
Date: April 21, 2018 11:34PM

Hi, please I need some help here guys, I designed examination application using cakephp and i suppose to deployed it on intranet/LAN for students to take the exam without internet, now I have windows server 2012 running on a server with 4GB Ram and 500GB HDD, i set it up with wampserver 2.5, my question is can wampserver 2.5 handle up to 300 students at once? If not please advice thanks

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Deployed exam application with wampserver
Posted by: RiggsFolly (Moderator)
Date: April 21, 2018 11:38PM

Please remember WAMPServer is just a mashup of Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP.

Therefore if you would expect Apache and your chosen database to be abele to cope with your expected through put then so can WAMPServer.

As you are running this on a proper server OS and not a desktop OS, then WAMPServer will be able to code

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Date: April 22, 2018 12:19AM

Thanks Riggs, I'm using the default wampserver 2.5 setting, and the database is mysql, I don't know if there is something I should change on the apache in other to handle upto 300 concurrent users or the default setting will work because if I'm to text it with that number I will need to rent a computer base test center which will cost Mr about $500, I wanted to save that money if I can get some help online, thanks

Posted by: RiggsFolly (Moderator)
Date: April 22, 2018 12:20AM

I would say it should work, so just give it a try
We have no way of knowing for sure one way or the other

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Date: April 22, 2018 12:38AM

Okay thanks

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.