Installing SQLBuddy
Posted by: sxdev (---.dsl.scarlet.be)
Date: August 21, 2008 07:46PM

Hi,

I recently discovered a much nicer (My)SQLManager than phpMyAdmin, SQLBuddy. I now completely integrated it with my WAMP server. Below you can find all steps required to integrate it at a Windows server:

(I assume that you have installed Wamp to the default destination, C:\wamp\.)

1. Download SQLBuddy at [www.sqlbuddy.com].
2. Extract the ZIP-file to C:\wamp\apps\.
3. Rename the folder "sqlbuddy" (in the C:\wamp\apps\-folder) to "sqlbuddy1.2.9" (or if there is a newer version, "sqlbuddyVERSION"winking smiley.
4. Go back to C:\wamp\ and open the folder "alias" (path: C:\wamp\alias\).
5. Create a file named "sqlbuddy.conf". Open this file put the following in it:
Alias /sqlbuddy/ "c:/wamp/apps/sqlbuddy1.2.9/" 

<Directory "c:/wamp/apps/sqlbuddy1.2.9/">
    Options Indexes FollowSymLinks MultiViews
    AllowOverride all
        Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
</Directory>
6. Save the file.
7. SQLBuddy will be now shown in the "Your Aliases" on the homepage of the localhost. SQLBuddy is now accessable through [localhost].
Following steps are needed if you want SQLBuddy to appear in the contextmenu of Wamp (the trayicon).
8. Go to the folder C:\wamp\lang\
9. Open the .lang file corresponding to your language (the language you use, for example: english.lang).
10. Add the following line to it (as long as it is bellow the first line it doesn't matter where you put it):
$w_sqlbuddy = 'SQLBuddy';
11. Save the language file. Go back to C:\wamp\.
12. Open the file "wampmanager.tpl" in C:\wamp\ (path to file: C:\wamp\wampmanager.tpl).
13. Go to line 123. Go to the end of this line, press return to start a new line. Put on this line the following:
Type: item; Caption: "${w_sqlbuddy}"; Action: run; FileName: "${c_navigator}"; Parameters: "[localhost];; Glyph: 5
14. Save this file. You need to reboot Wamp in order to have this any affect (actually refreshing is enough). SQLBuddy will be now visible in the context-menu of the Wamp-trayicon right below phpMyAdmin.
Following steps are needed if you want to have SQLBuddy in the "Tools" list at the mainpage of your localhost
15. Go to C:\wamp\www\.
16. Open the index.php (path to file: C:\wamp\www\index.php).
17. Go to line 369, go to the end of this line and press return to start a new line. Put the following on this line:
<li><a href="sqlbuddy/">sqlbuddy</a></li>
18. Save this file, and refresh [localhost]. SQLBuddy will be now shown in the Tools-list.

With kind regards,

SX Dev

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/21/2008 07:52PM by sxdev.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Installing SQLBuddy
Posted by: yfastud (Moderator)
Date: August 21, 2008 10:48PM

Very nice tutor, and you should build a website for it since this thread would be buried w/i a day or 2 :-(

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Posted by: sxdev (---.dsl.scarlet.be)
Date: August 22, 2008 09:01PM

Yes I know smiling smiley. I also mailed it to the developers op SQLBuddy. I also will put it on my own website (http://www.sxdev.be), but I am still developing the website so at this moment it isn't yet online smiling smiley.

yfastud Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Very nice tutor, and you should build a website
> for it since this thread would be buried w/i a day
> or 2 :-(

Posted by: d95gas (---.11-2.cable.virginm.net)
Date: November 18, 2017 07:03AM

Hi,

Is there any updated version of the install for SQLBUDDY, I have tried the above and some elements of it work fine, but other areas are causing WAMP to fail.

Thanks

Posted by: RiggsFolly (Moderator)
Date: November 18, 2017 08:20AM

Please start a new thread

Start by answering the 'Read and answer before asking a question' sticky post

If you are using Wampserver 3 and PHP > PHP 7 then SQLBuddy does not work with PHP > 7
THAT IS WHY WE NO LONGER DELIVER IT AS PART OF WAMPServer.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.