Viewing Wamp Localhost Windows 7 website on android phone
Posted by: peterpiper (---.dyn.iinet.net.au)
Date: April 10, 2018 10:09AM

I am trying to find instructions on how to view my wordpress website, set up on my Windows 7 PC within Wamp Localhost, on my Android phone. I need to be able to test what it looks like on a mobile device before uploading it to the live site. This is my first ever website and I am finding it all very confusing. I've seen lots of instructions on various websites, but they are all beyond me, and besides that, I have been warned here before not to trust anything on other sites relating to Wamp.

I have read the forum sticky on the importance of virtual servers, and I hope that I have installed my Wamp correctly in a virtual server.

Any guidance on what I need to do next in order to view the website from my phone would be very greatly appreciated. Unfortunately the instructions will need to be fairly simple if I am going to be able to follow them.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Viewing Wamp Localhost Windows 7 website on android phone
Posted by: RiggsFolly (Moderator)
Date: April 10, 2018 11:11AM

Have a look at this post On StackOverflow

This is how I do it, there may be other mechanism, but this works for me

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Re: Viewing Wamp Localhost Windows 7 website on android phone
Posted by: WarriorGov9791 (---.hawaii.res.rr.com)
Date: April 12, 2018 12:23PM

Thank you RiggsFolly for the info! I followed your instructions and got it working. I also managed to edit my httpd-ssl.conf file with the same principles to view 2 Joomla development sites on my mobile phone with the https protocol and SSL as I have them configured to force SSL.

Have a great day — Aloha!

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit • WAMPServer 3.2.7 64-bit
Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.4.3 • Apache 2.4.52
PHP 5.6.40 (CLI) | 7.0.33 | 7.1.33 | 7.2.34 | 7.3.33 | 7.4.27 | 8.0.15 (active) | 8.1.2 • xDebug 3.1.2
phpMyAdmin 5.1.2 • MariaDB (Default DBMS) 10.5.8 • MySQL 5.7.37 | 8.0.28
AdMiner 4.8.1 • PHPSysInfo 3.4.1 • OpenSSL 1.1.1m
Latest VC++ packages installed and verified. (VC17 2022 14.30.30708)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.