environment variable path
Posted by: jPaulB (---.dsl.bell.ca)
Date: April 04, 2018 07:24PM

Hi Everybody,

I have completely removed WAMP, cleaned my registry, and installed WAMP 3.1.3

When I click on the green WAMP icon, everything appears to work, but I do see a warning at the bottom of the WAMPSERVER menu, stating:

ERROR C:/wamp64 or PHP in path

When I click on this warning, a command window opens and refers to :

c:\wamp64\bin\php\php5.6.31/php.exe

with the message --> IT SEEMS THAT A PHP INSTALLATION IS DECLARED IN THE ENVIRONMENT VARIABLE PATH C;\Program Files (86)\php\v5.3

This directory was deleted at the same time as the original WAMP. What environment variable does WAMP read when it starts up? (I don't see that path in the environment variables listed in "This PC"winking smiley

Thanks,
Paul

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: environment variable path
Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: April 04, 2018 08:40PM

Hi,

Wampserver does not create paths in PATH system environment variable.
Wampserver does not use PATH system environment variable.
Some content - paths to PHP or mysql versions - of the PATH system environment variable can create Wampserver malfunctions because PHP configuration files (php.ini) or MySQL (my.ini) are searched first in the paths indicated by the contents of the PATH environment variables before being searched in the Apache, PHP or MySQL folders.

That is why, with version 3.1.3, the content of the PATH environment variable is checked and you are notified if there is a problem.

Deleting a folder does not delete its possible referencing in the PATH environment variable. In the same way that software uninstallations do not remove the paths they created in the PATH environment variable during their installations.

So you must remove this path from your environment variable PATH.

Open a command windows "as an administrator" and type "PATH" (Without quotes) and you will see the contents of the variable. The different paths are separated by a semicolon.

How to set the path and environment variables in Windows

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Posted by: jPaulB (185.51.229.---)
Date: April 05, 2018 12:12AM

Dominique,

Thank you for your answer.

Although WAMP had nothing to do with the issue I had created for myself, your answer did lead me to a solution, and a better notion of how all of this works together.

Best regards,
Paul

Posted by: cvsiraj95 (168.235.201.---)
Date: September 12, 2018 01:16PM

How to solve the c error wampserver path or php
Pls help me
I tried lot of time
But I didn't get the results

Posted by: RiggsFolly (Moderator)
Date: September 12, 2018 02:17PM

Hi

Please start a new thread for a new problem!

And please be more specific about your issue. Start by answering all these questions

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.