PLEASE HELP!
Posted by: JustinD (---.static.mtpk.ca.charter.com)
Date: April 03, 2018 10:39PM

Hello ALL......I am new to WordPress and it is really driving me batty........I have designed websites in the past but NEVER with WordPress.......I was offered a job making websites if I can indeed lkearn WordPress......

I have spent the last four days or so making "saple websites" with WordPress and Wampserver.......

my issues are......

1.) is there a way to shae my "sample sites" with my potential boss? because everything i seem to find says that the only way to share the sites is to make them live and that I feel is a bit ridiculous I am not going to pay for a site I'm only using as a demo....I can see them on my computer as long as the wampserver is running but once I close it I get the page cannot be found error

2.) can you build more than one website using Wampserver? and if so how do you configure it to be able to run multiple sites?....

I am so sorry I hope this message makes sense because I really am new to this whole WordPress thing and am just looking for some direction

Thank You

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: PLEASE HELP!
Posted by: RiggsFolly (Moderator)
Date: April 03, 2018 11:05PM

Build multiple websites = Virtual Hosts

Allow access from the internet, lookup Port forwarding your router.

I can see them on my computer as long as the wampserver is running but once I close it I get the page cannot be found error

If WAMPServer is not running then Apache is not running and its Apache that is the web server. So leave WAMPServer running if you want to see your website, locally or remotely.

Final Note: We are not WordPress experts. I for one dont use it. And this site is to help people get WAMPServer running and not a universal training resource for those that do not know what they are doing with whatever framework or CMS that may exists in the universe

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.