wamp 3.1.3 Error
Posted by: xieqiuhua (113.109.197.---)
Date: March 29, 2018 01:49PM

Sorry,

There is an error.

There is Wampserver path (d:/wamp64)
into Windows PATH environnement variable: (D:\wamp64\bin\php\php7.1.9)

It seems that a PHP installation is declared in the environment variable PATH
D:\wamp64\bin\php\php7.1.9

Wampserver does not use, modify or require the PATH environment variable.
Using a PATH on Wampserver or PHP version
is detrimental to the proper functioning of Wampserver.

Press ENTER to continue...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/29/2018 01:53PM by xieqiuhua.

Re: wamp 3.1.3 Error
Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: March 29, 2018 02:06PM

Hi,

As indicated, you do not need a path on a PHP version in the Windows PATH environment variable.
So you must remove this path from your environment variable.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Posted by: xieqiuhua (113.109.197.---)
Date: March 29, 2018 02:24PM

OK,搞定谢谢

Posted by: jetscholar (---.tpgi.com.au)
Date: April 07, 2018 07:52AM

I am having the same problem. I tried to update php and somehow I set a environment variable. I am using win10. When I go to edit the environment variable in the windows advanced users, I do not see it there. But when I type 'PATH' at the cli, I can see that the path is there 'C:\wamp64\bin\php\php5.6.16;'

How can I remove this path?

Driving me nuts...

Thanks for your kind assistance.

Date: April 07, 2018 09:39AM

Hi,

Having only a Windows 10 localized in French, I am afraid that my translations do not exactly reflect the terms of a Windows localized in English or in another language.

- Control Panel
- Advanced system settings
- Environment Variables button
- System variables
Select PATH
- Modify
Select C:\wamp64\bin\php\php5.6.16
then Suppress
OK

Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Posted by: jetscholar (---.tpgi.com.au)
Date: April 09, 2018 02:38PM

Thank you Otomatic. Very complex problem and probably a bug with windows 10. The PATH variable does not show up so therefore cannot be suppressed. However, it is visible when you use a command line and type PATH.
Nonetheless, I now have it working. Not sure why but works now.

Date: April 09, 2018 04:08PM

Hi,

A command window and the PATH command gives you a compact result that is not very readable.
C:\Windows\system32>path
PATH=C:\Windows\System32\QtForCordial;C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\iCLS Client\;
C:\Program Files\Intel\iCLS Client\;C:\Windows\system32;C:\Windows;C:\Windows\Sy
stem32\Wbem;C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\Program Files (x86)\I
ntel\OpenCL SDK\3.0\bin\x86;C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\OpenCL SDK\3.0\bin\x64;
J:\Util\Texte\Ultraedit;J:\Util\Texte\UltraCompare;J:\Util\Texte\UltraFinder\;C:
\adb;C:\Program Files\PuTTY\;C:\Users\Dominique\AppData\Local\GitHubDesktop\bin
It is possible, with two slightly more complex commands, to split the result line by line.
The first command uses CLI and is:
ECHO %PATH:;= & ECHO.%
Example :
C:\Windows\system32>ECHO %PATH:;= & ECHO.%
C:\Windows\System32\QtForCordial
C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\iCLS Client\
C:\Program Files\Intel\iCLS Client\
C:\Windows\system32
C:\Windows
C:\Windows\System32\Wbem
C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\
C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\OpenCL SDK\3.0\bin\x86
C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\OpenCL SDK\3.0\bin\x64
J:\Util\Texte\Ultraedit
J:\Util\Texte\UltraCompare
J:\Util\Texte\UltraFinder\
C:\adb
C:\Program Files\PuTTY\
C:\Users\Dominique\AppData\Local\GitHubDesktop\bin
The second command uses Powershell and is:
powershell -Command ($env: Path).split(';')
Example:
C:\Windows\system32>powershell -Command ($env: Path).split(';')
C:\Windows\System32\QtForCordial
C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\iCLS Client\
C:\Program Files\Intel\iCLS Client\
C:\Windows\system32
C:\Windows
C:\Windows\System32\Wbem
C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\
C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\OpenCL SDK\3.0\bin\x86
C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\OpenCL SDK\3.0\bin\x64
J:\Util\Texte\Ultraedit
J:\Util\Texte\UltraCompare
J:\Util\Texte\UltraFinder\
C:\adb
C:\Program Files\PuTTY\
C:\Users\Dominique\AppData\Local\GitHubDesktop\bin
Without space between $env: and Path Otherwise it automatically turns into smiley $envtongue sticking out smileyath

Posted by: kutsavi (134.29.150.---)
Date: April 09, 2018 04:44PM

I understand that having the paths for PHP, MySQL, and Apache in the system PATH isn't desired, however, I'm running a Drupal site, and several administration tools including Drush and Composer, depend
on having those things listed in the PATH - is there a workaround for this? (I just upgraded from WAMP 3.0.6 to 3.1.3 - there wasn't a problem with the tools being listed in the PATH in the previous version.)

Date: April 09, 2018 05:08PM

Hi,

Using paths on Wampserver's PHP or MySQL versions in the PATH environment variable is strongly discouraged or even prohibited.
Wampserver does not create any paths on PHP or MySQL versions. Wampserver does not use the paths declared in the PATH environment variable.
Using a path on Wampserver or on a version of PHP or MySQL is detrimental to the proper functioning of Wampserver and - for sure - will create problems for you in the future.
Using the PATH to launch applications is a survivorship of the past and it will cause you big problems if you change versions of PHP.
There is absolutely NO NEED to add anything into the Windows PATH because that will ALWAYS just cause you issues later when you change versions of either PHP or MySQL.

This was not checked in versions before version 3.0.3. It is now verified following the problems encountered by users when they wanted to change version PHP or MySQL. For example with a PATH on PHP version 5.6.34 makes that when we change version, for example PHP 7.2.0, this new version will use the php.ini of the PATH version, i.e. 5.6.34, so multiple errors and a non functioning of PHP.
This is because, by default, PHP or MySQL look for their configuration file (php.ini or my.ini) first in the PATH paths before looking in their own installation paths.

See all the thread : [forum.wampserver.com]

Posted by: anovative (---.neb.res.rr.com)
Date: November 18, 2018 12:18AM

What if I want to have PHP in my PATH? I also need to use `php` from the CLI and do so regularly.

Posted by: RiggsFolly (Moderator)
Date: November 18, 2018 02:15AM

Then you use a little batch file like this ... see [forum.wampserver.com]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Date: November 18, 2018 03:19PM

Hi,

> What if I want to have PHP in my PATH?
This is only a warning. Nothing is altered, modified or deleted in the operation of Wampserver. You can ignore this warning and continue to use, against all logic, a PATH pointing to a version of PHP.
But don't complain if you have any problems later.

Posted by: anovative (---.neb.res.rr.com)
Date: November 18, 2018 06:53PM

I had already just added it to my PATH and have yet to have any issues. But if problems arise I'll look into using the scripts posted by RiggsFolly in the other thread.

> Thanks RiggsFolly and Otomatic.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.