sessions in wamp? and oscommerce?
Posted by: blacknightswebsolutions (---.server.ntli.net)
Date: March 12, 2006 01:56PM

Hi all,

can someone please explain this ... i have installed OScommerce on my local machine for testing for a client.

every time i load the page up in red at the top says

Warning: The sessions directory does not exist: /tmp. Sessions will not work until this directory is created.

also at the top before the store loads i see

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at C:\wamp\www\oscommerce\includes\functions\sessions.php:97) in C:\wamp\www\oscommerce\includes\functions\sessions.php on line 97

repeated 3 times

how to i turn sessions on and where do i put the temp directory i have created it in every file in OSC and still says it can not find it ????

HELP?????????

Regards
Phil

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: sessions in wamp? and oscommerce?
Posted by: CyberSpatium (---.hsd1.or.comcast.net)
Date: March 12, 2006 03:53PM

For some reason, the default session directory set in the php.ini file by WAMP is an ok location, but it does not work. So, you need to change this setting.

Find this line:
session.save_path = "C:\WAMP\tmp"

Change it to this:
session.save_path = "C:\WINDOWS\Temp"

Now, save the file, restart apache so the new settings will take effect, and sessions will now work for you.

Post Edited (03-12-06 15:54)

CyberSpatium
----------------------
WAMP Forum Admin

Web Development for Newbie's Blog - Check out my new blog. It is for web developers, and especially tailored for the web development newbie. If you are not fluent in “geek speak”, then this incredible resource is just you. And even if you are a web development pro, this is a great resource to check out some of the latest web development tips, news, tutorials, codes and more.

Posted by: PcGamerz13 (---.dhcp.mdsn.wi.charter.com)
Date: March 14, 2006 07:01AM

This didn't work for me.

Posted by: CyberSpatium (---.hsd1.or.comcast.net)
Date: March 14, 2006 01:43PM

make sure you restart apache after you change this setting or the new settings will not take effect.

Posted by: chuckless (---.tpgi.com.au)
Date: March 30, 2006 09:43AM

Oscommerce sets it's own tmp directory.

The easiest fix is to run the install again and set sessions to use the database.
otherwise you will have to look in the database configuration table,
find the entry 'Session Directory' or similar and set it to "C:\WINDOWS\Temp" (or whatever your temp directory is.)

Changing it in php.ini will have no effect. (but you still should change it to 'session.save_path = C:\WINDOWS\Temp' or some other absolute temp directory.)CyberSpatium wrote:

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.