Password no longer accepted HELP
Posted by: carl (---.bulldogdsl.com)
Date: March 11, 2006 09:00PM

Hi I have been programming all day and all of a sudden my password will not be accepted by mysql phpmyadmin or my scripts, it says that my username/password are incorrect yet I have cheeked them with the config.inc.php and nothing has changed, the same original password is still there unchanged and I have not changed any other files as far as I know. Does anyone know what’s gone wrong what I can do about it?

thank you far any help.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Password no longer accepted HELP
Posted by: CyberSpatium (---.hsd1.or.comcast.net)
Date: March 12, 2006 04:08PM

make sure your user id and password do not use resevered words:

[us2.php.net]

Posted by: carl (---.bulldogdsl.com)
Date: March 12, 2006 10:41PM

The user id and password did not use any reserved words and was working ok until out of nowhere I could no longer get access to phpMyAdmin. I have spent all day trying to figure this out and ended up completely uninstalling wamp server and re-installing it but now even with no password set I get this error;

phpMyAdmin tried to connect to the MySQL server, and the server rejected the connection. You should check the host, username and password in config.inc.php and make sure that they correspond to the information given by the administrator of the MySQL server.

Error
MySQL said:

#2013 - Lost connection to MySQL server during query

and the mysql console wont let me either by entering no password or the old password and I have entred a new password into config.inc.php but that didn’t work either. This is getting really annoying!

Has anyone got any ideas as to what’s gone wrong?

Posted by: CyberSpatium (---.hsd1.or.comcast.net)
Date: March 12, 2006 11:36PM

Make sure you are connecting to MySQL correctly. If your root MySQL account has a password set, use:

mysql_connect ( 'localhost', 'root', 'PASSWORD' );

If your MySQL root account does not have a password set for root, then use:

mysql_connect ( 'localhost', 'root', '' );

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.