Problem with phpMyAdmin database collation
Posted by: Alexander_Ukraine (195.128.139.---)
Date: February 20, 2018 04:17AM

Hello everyone!

I have installed:

Wampserver 3.1.1 32 bit - Apache 2.4.29 - PHP 7.2.2/7.1.14/7.0.27/5.6.33 - MySQL 5.7.21 - MariaDB 10.2.12.

I create a blog on WordPress without any code-changes. Just WordPress and common plugins. After the instalation of Wampserver 3.1.1 I've realized that something went wrong. All widgets' titles were broken in the setting panel. I use russin version of WordPress and some widget settings do not display correctly.

I think the problem is in MySQL with charset latin1_swedish_ci. I need utf8_general_ci. I have created new database with utf8 and I have changed the main MySQL data base and all tables latin1_swedish_ci into utf8_general_ci. But it doesn't help.

Does anyone have some ideas on how to display russian language correctly?

PS. I don't understand anything in computer codes. And Idon't gonna stuck my nose into them. I'm just a philologist smiling smiley

Re: Problem with phpMyAdmin database collation
Posted by: RiggsFolly (Moderator)
Date: February 20, 2018 10:03AM

It sounds like you should ask this of the WordPress community, there are no WordPress experts here

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Posted by: Alexander_Ukraine (195.128.139.---)
Date: February 20, 2018 12:33PM

Oh really? Although yes ... Only Wordpress has an encoding of the database . Excuse for troubling. You helped me a lot.

Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: February 20, 2018 03:35PM

Hi,

Wampserver in the my.ini files of MySQL or MariaDB does not define any default charset.

It is up to WEB applications and CMS's to define the appropriate charset when creating databases.
If applications rely on the default charset, without even checking if it exists or if it's the right one, it's their problem, not the Wampserver one.

This is in no way the responsibility of Wampserver.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.