mysql copy paste table dont exist !!!
Posted by: epsavit (---.access.hol.gr)
Date: February 12, 2018 08:23PM

hi everybody
i am facing a problem and i would appreciate some help
recently i uninstalled an old version of wamp and installed a new one. also i created an alias directory based on instructions , added the appropriate code in the apache http-vhost and windows host file and most things are fine after that but theres a wrinkle to that...
1) i copied and pasted the databases from the old data mysql folder to the new one. now when i load phpmyadmin i can see the databases, they load, i can see the tables but when i click on one i get the message table "tablename" doesnt exist !!!
2) whenever i try to load a wordpress page it wont load asking me to re-install wordpress (probably because of the mysql problem).

i can understand that theres something with mysql trying to read the table in the old location probably and dont finding it where it should. so maybe the solution is to direct it to look in the new "data" folder, but how do i do that ?

thanks for any help !!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: mysql copy paste table dont exist !!!
Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: February 12, 2018 09:06PM

Hi,

Copying and pasting databases between data folders of different versions of MySQL could eventually work with older versions (5.0 or 5.1) of MySQL.
But it is totally out of the question to carry out this kind of manipulation with versions of branches 5.5,5.6 and 5.7, even within the same branch.
The only and unique method of transferring database between different versions of MySQL is the export/import to SQL file.

On the other hand, WEB or CMS applications in general, and Wordpress in particular, require the use of VirtualHost.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Date: February 12, 2018 09:25PM

i didnt know that. so the question is what can i do to save the situation ? one of the databases is very important and loosing it is not an option. is there any hack to force mysql to read the pasted tables ?
thanks

Date: February 12, 2018 10:10PM

Hi,

Maybe it could be a solution. What was the old MySQL version used (32 or 64 bit)?
I'll answer tomorrow morning (French Time). Now I'm not at home, I use Smartphone.
But I'm not sure that it will work.

Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Date: February 12, 2018 11:32PM

hi and thanks for the answer

both installations are 32 bits. the previous was an old wamp installation of around 2010 to 2012...

Date: February 13, 2018 09:25AM

Hi,

- What is the installation folder for the current version of Wampserver?

- Where is (what folder) your old version of Wampserver?

From what you wrote previously, it seems that you uninstalled this old version; is that the case?

So you would only have your old version of MySQL left; in that case, what exactly is this version of mySQL?
Also, in case you only have this old version of MySQL left, it is necessary that I have the contents of its file my. ini.
However, even with correct answers, I cannot assure you that you will be able to recover your database.

It is very important that you answer all these questions in detail.

You should have read it: Install a new release of Wampserver

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/13/2018 09:46AM by Otomatic.

Date: February 13, 2018 10:57AM

hi and thanks again

the installation folder is in a different partition.

the old version was on a different partition inside a subfolder.

yes i uninstalled the old version and deleted everyhting, the entire "wamp" folder.

i think the old version of mysql was deleted with wamp and the entire folder... i just copied the data folder before deletint it.

i can send you the new ini file.

are you saying i should install a previous version of wamp in exactly the same place - partition as the one i had ?

i read it but after i deleted everything.. smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/13/2018 11:06AM by epsavit.

Date: February 13, 2018 04:35PM

Hi,

What disk ? c: d: e: f: g: ??? What folder names? What version of old Mysql ?

>i can send you the new ini file.
It won't do me any good! This is the my.ini file of the old version I need.

With piecemeal information like the one you give me, I think you won't be able to retrieve your database.
I need accurate information, with version numbers.

Date: February 14, 2018 09:12AM

hi again

initial installation disk F:\douleias\wamp

current L:programms\wamp

mysql, best guess according to date 5.5.24 current 5.7.19

WampServer2.2 -> 2012 32 bit

current 3.1.0 32bit

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/14/2018 09:13AM by epsavit.

Date: February 14, 2018 10:27AM

Hi,

A priori, your old version of Wampserver was Wampserver 2.2e which included MySQL 5.5.24 and PHP 5.3.13.
But, before installing a MySQL 5.5.24 addon on Wampserver 3.1.0, it must be fully functional, i. e. with green icon and PHP and MySQL functional.

In addition, the active PHP version must be a version of the 5.6 branch, i. e. no PHP 7,7.1 or 7.2.

Download the MySQL 5.5.24 addon here and install it "as administrator".

Launch Wampserver.
Verify that everything is working, PHP and the current version of MySQL as well as PhpMyAdmin 4.7.7.

Switch to MySQL 5.5.24.
- Left-Click -> MySQL -> Version -> 5.5.24
Verify that the Wampmanager icon is green and that you have access to PhpMyAdmin with root user name and no password.
Exit PhpMyAdmin
Exit Wampserver

Completely replace the contents of the folder wamp/bin/mysql/mysql/mysql5.5.24/data/ with the contents of your old folder "data".

Launch Wampserver and "cross your fingers" to make everything work properly.

If this is the case and MySQL 5.5.24 (with your old data folder) has been successfully started, you should be able to access your database through PhpMyAdmin.
Warning: MySQL - so PhpMyAdmin - will take into account the usernames and passwords you had with your old version.

Date: February 14, 2018 01:13PM

hi

i did everything in the right order. wamp light is green. switched to mysql -> 5.5.24. Php is -> 5.6.31

moved the content of the old base to the new and i still get the same response.

but something is wrong. when i switched to the old mysql version although i hadnt still moved the contents of the data folder i could see them through phpmyadmin.
Then when i moved the contents and launched wamp again in the phpmyadmin i get ->
Database server
• Server: MySQL (127.0.0.1 via TCP/IP)
• Server type: MySQL
• Server version: 5.7.19 - MySQL Community Server (GPL)
• Protocol version: 10
• User: root@localhost
• Server charset: UTF-8 Unicode (utf8)

but in the wamp -> left click, mysql -> version i get 5.5.24 checked with green !!!

Date: February 14, 2018 01:56PM

Hi,

I think I've done my best, but you still have a solution that could work.
Precisely keep your old data folder.
Uninstall Wampserver 3.1.0 completely.
Reinstall Wampserver 2.2e
[sourceforge.net]

Check that this version works well: PHP, MySQL and PhpMyAdmin.
Exit Wampserver 2.2 and replace the MySQL version data folder with yours.
After that, I have no solution.

If your data is valuable, it is your responsibility to safeguard it reliably and permanently.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.