Silent Install WampServer 3.0.6
Posted by: catipads.aacc (136.160.248.---)
Date: July 19, 2017 07:44PM

Hi Everyone,

I have a question that I am hoping someone can help with. I am running Windows 10 1703 (Creator’s Edition).
I need to silently install WampServer 3.0.6 to several computers. With version 2.5, this was easy. Here is what I would do, and all would be well:

1. Create the folder C:\Wamp;
2. Copy a configured wampmanager.conf file to C:\Wamp (so that it is the only file in the folder, and this file
had its appropriate settings configured);
3. Execute the WampServer installer using the /verysilent switch;
4. Activate the HTTP service (HTTPD) via command line;
5. Activate the SQL service (MySQLD) via command line;

Now, when I try to do this with version 3.0.6, the above procedure no longer works. Here is what happens:

1. Create the folder C:\Wamp64;
2. Copy a configured wampmanager.conf file to C:\Wamp (so that it is the only file in the folder, and this file
had its appropriate settings configured);
3. Execute the WampServer installer using the /verysilent switch;

An error message appears that “the selected installation folder already contains an installation of Wampserver. Select another folder for installation.”

If I delete the C:\Wamp64 folder and just run the installer with the /verysilent switch, it installs almost to the end and then the installer asks to set the web browser and text editor.

Is there a way that I can push out WampServer to several PCs so that I don’t have to go to each PC and manually and set the configurations? Are there any other command line parameters that I can use to make the silent install go smoothly?

Thanks; your help is appreciated.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Silent Install WampServer 3.0.6
Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: July 20, 2017 08:52PM

Hi,

[forum.wampserver.com]

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Re: Silent Install WampServer 3.0.6
Posted by: catipads.aacc (136.160.248.---)
Date: July 26, 2017 11:11PM

Thank you so much. This is exactly what I needed. Have a wonderful day.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.