file path for MySQL exel & MySQL workbench?
Posted by: taxi97w (---.22.233.220.static.exetel.com.au)
Date: January 27, 2018 05:34AM

Hi,

I'm new; I've been looking for documentation, googled, youtube, any and everything and have come up with nothing whatsoever to this query. I thought it would be standard, but....

I've downloaded and installed wampserver3.1.0_x64.exe and all lights are green. I want to install MySQL exel & MySQL workbench but am not sure which folder to install them to. Is is the C:\wamp64\bin\mysql\mysql5.7.19\bin folder, where all the other .exe files are?

What do write to the my.ini file?

Thanks very much.

taxi.

EDIT; I'VE BEEN AT THIS ALL DAY AND GOT IT SUSSED NOW; SO THANKS ANYWAY, IT'S EASY WHEN YOU KNOW HOW :-)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/27/2018 12:40PM by taxi97w.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: file path for MySQL exel & MySQL workbench?
Posted by: RiggsFolly (Moderator)
Date: January 27, 2018 10:04PM

Workbench can be installed anywhere
I dont know excel unless yo mean Microsoft Excel and in that case it can be installed where it would normally ask to be installed.

WAMPServer is basically a mashup of Apache and PHP and MySQL and mariaDB. The doumentation fo these is on the respective site, see my Sinature lines for links.
We do not attempt to re-document any of these pieces for obvious reasons.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Posted by: larious4luv (197.211.63.---)
Date: February 17, 2018 11:11AM

I aslo have problem setting the path for mySQL, to control mySQL directly from Commandline default path, instead of navigating to the m mySQL directory path.

I tried to set the path in Enviromental Variable, but yet not working. If you have any other option to set this or give me any guideline maybe am doing it wrong.

Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: February 17, 2018 11:33AM

Hi,

> instead of navigating to the m mySQL directory path.
Wampserver 3.1.1
- Right-Click Wampmanager tray icon -> Tools -> Command Windows -> Command Windows mysql/bin

Wampserver does not use, modify or require the PATH environment variable.
Putting a PATH on a version of MySQL can cause problems, for example when changing the version of MySQL and forgetting to change the PATH.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.