Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
How to make WAMPServer accessible on the internet
Posted by: jorjie (130.105.41.---)
Date: January 24, 2018 09:39AM

I've been reading in a different website with regards to WAMP 3.1.0 on how to make it accessible to the web
any suggestion would do.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: How to make WAMPServer accessible on the internet
Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: January 24, 2018 11:02AM

Date: January 25, 2018 02:45AM

Thank you for the response, what if I only wanted the server to be accessible on the internet with a computer or a mobile device, do I still need to have a virtual host?

Posted by: RiggsFolly (Moderator)
Date: January 25, 2018 06:14PM

You should ALWAYS have a Virtual Host. One for each of the sites you want to develop

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Posted by: jorjie (182.18.224.---)
Date: February 17, 2018 04:44AM

Yes I've already created a virtual host, but haven't tested it yet if I could connect thru internet access using mobile device, anyway I have a another question, when I try use the url address I've created in the browser it does link to the page but it seems it's kinda un-formatted not like to real one, any thoughts on this? It's a PHP file.

Date: February 17, 2018 09:16AM

Hi,

jorjie
when I try use the url address I've created in the browser it does link to the page but it seems it's kinda un-formatted not like to real one, any thoughts on this? It's a PHP file.
We are neither diviners nor omniscient.
Real and concrete examples would be welcome.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Date: February 18, 2018 03:43PM

Sorry but the server is in the office I'll try to screen capture once I'm in the office, what I mean is when I try to run my project in the localhost the everything in the page are all in place banner/heading, alignment, font style, etc. are there in the right where they are, but when I try to run on my created virtual host everything is completely un-formatted font, font style, alignment but content is still there is just un-formatted.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/18/2018 04:13PM by jorjie.

Date: February 18, 2018 04:38PM

Hi,

Read The need for Virtual Host carefully, especially the beginning, and you will understand why using 'http://localhost/mysite' is the wrong method.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Date: February 19, 2018 04:23AM

This is the link for the screen shot of the page

[i981.photobucket.com] - localhost

[i981.photobucket.com] - virtual host

Date: February 19, 2018 10:25AM

So you have an issue with your src addresses for your CSS i would assume.

This is primarily a coding issue, look at the urls used on that page and work out what is wrong

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Date: March 18, 2018 02:28AM

I have read one forum concerning about having to have a WAMPSERVER online, do we need a STATIC IP Address or DYNAMIC IP Address would do, in the conversation he had a problem due to he had no fixed IP Address and advice to go noip.com, maybe this is one of my few problem, because the way our ISP setup the modem, if we connect it directly to the modem we choose Obtain IP Address automatically, but in our case we let it pass through first in another PC give an IP address (eg 192.168.x.x), so in our case do we still need a STATIC IP address?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/18/2018 02:54AM by jorjie.

Date: March 18, 2018 05:03PM

Hi,

I think you are getting confused here.

The STATIC IP needs to be for the PC running WAMPServer i.e. on your internal network 192.168.1.x.
This is only so you can reliably Port Forward your routers for TCP traffic on port 80, and maybe port 443 to the WAMPServer PC i.e. Apache.

If your ISP uses ther own DHCP server and therefore can allocate you different IP Addresses each time you reboot your router, then you need a Dynamic IP manager like NOIP or DYNDNS to name only 2 options and a bit of there software that runs on the WAMPServer PC whos function is to spot any WAN IP changes allocated to your router and inform the NOIP/DYNDNS system so it can amend the IP address they maintain for your registered domain name.

You say `having to have a WAMPSERVER online`. You do not need to have WAMPServer Online. In fact as its prime function is a single desk developer environment there is absolutely NO NEED to have WAMPServer online.

However you do need the TCP stack loaded on yoru PC. Sometimes laptops dont do this if there is no actual internet connection available.
You must have the TCP Stack loaded as this is how PHP communicates with MySQL/mariaDB.

I hope this lears up your confusion. Oh and beware of information posted on the internet about WAMPServer. Most of it is very badly informed and only there as search bait to get you to see the associated adverts on there site.

Date: March 20, 2018 04:51AM

No I think it almost clearer to me now, so my question would be, that we need a STATIC IP for WAMPServer, right? and since our ISP were using there own DHCP we just need to sign up for NOIP or DYNDNS, if we cannot lease/purchase a STATIC IP which is expensive.

WAMPServer Online, we only need a one project to be accessible thru the internet, that's about it, I don't know if the Online word would be right one for it. "accessible thru the internet".

Actually the forum I've been referring is on this site also and here's the link to it [forum.wampserver.com]

Date: March 20, 2018 10:19AM

> No I think it almost clearer to me now, so my
> question would be, that we need a STATIC IP for
> WAMPServer, right?

CORRECT

> and since our ISP were using
> there own DHCP we just need to sign up for NOIP or
> DYNDNS, if we cannot lease/purchase a STATIC IP
> which is expensive.
>

Yes that would work, also you would want to run the bit of software supplied by the dynamic dns service you choose on the WAMPServer PC that checks your WAN IP and reports back to NOIP or DYNDNS any changes in the IP given to you by your ISP, thus keeping the DNS systems updated of changes

> WAMPServer Online, we only need a one project to
> be accessible thru the internet, that's about it,
> I don't know if the Online word would be right one
> for it. "accessible thru the internet".

The Online menu functionality is basically defunct and no longer should be used. If every site has its own Virtual Host, including localhost as with V3 basic config, then it is only necessary to edit the VH for the One site you want to make available by changing its VH and replacing `Require local` with `Require all granted`
and if the site were only required to be a intranet then replace it with something like `Require ip 198.168.0` so it is not available to the world, but instead only to all ip's on one subnet.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/20/2018 03:05PM by RiggsFolly.

Date: March 20, 2018 02:37PM

@RiggsFolly Thanks for helping me clarifying things hoping that this would solve my problem.

Date: March 24, 2018 09:26AM

I've already sign up on NO-IP but when I try to use the url I've created at the NO-IP it redirect me to my routers login menu.

Date: March 24, 2018 12:12PM

Hi,

Did you port forward your router?

Date: March 26, 2018 10:49AM

Yes I've attached the image from my router

[i981.photobucket.com]

I've even configure the DDNS in my router for the NO-IP website.

[i981.photobucket.com]

Date: March 26, 2018 10:59AM

Most SOHO routers do not have the required bit of code that will allow them to see that the url you enter in the browser is in fact inside the local network. This would be required for you to run your site locally but as if it were remote.

So I tend to create a locally defined Virtual Host to get round this.

So assuming your domain name is example.com I create a VH for example.com and an entry in the HOSTS file for it as well

Date: March 27, 2018 07:31AM

--------Host File--------------
127.0.0.1 localhost
::1 localhost

127.0.0.1 opsuscredcap.ddns.net
::1 opsuscredcap.ddns.net

#The Host file is like this

--------Virtual Host-------------
# Virtual Hosts
#
<VirtualHost *:80>
ServerName localhost
ServerAlias localhost
DocumentRoot "C:/Wamp/www"
<Directory "C:/Wamp/www/">
Options +Indexes +Includes +FollowSymLinks +MultiViews
AllowOverride All
Require local
</Directory>
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost *:80>
ServerName opsuscredcap.ddns.net
ServerAlias www.opsuscredcap.ddns.net
DocumentRoot "C:/wamp/www/redcap"
<Directory "C:/wamp/www/redcap/">
Options +Indexes +Includes +FollowSymLinks +MultiViews
AllowOverride All
Require all granted
</Directory>
</VirtualHost>

#The VirtualHost is like this

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.