OCI - new computer, Call to undefined function oci_connect()
Posted by: darkroomsource (---.ocado.com)
Date: July 18, 2017 10:04AM

I have been using WAMP on this computer for 5+ years, but never updated the version.
Last week I had to rebuild this machine.
I downloaded and installed new wamp server.
I can no longer connect to existing Oracle database(s) on other servers.

Apache/2.4.23 (Win64) PHP/5.6.25 - Port defined for Apache: 80
I have access to the regular www\index.php file, and it outputs all the "normal" stuff, but nothing like oci shows in the loaded extensions.
I have access to phymyadmin

php.ini:
extension=php_oci8_12c.dll ; Use with Oracle Database 12c Instant Client
extension=php_pdo_oci.dll
and I've enabled every oci8. in the [OCI8] section

PHP output:
Fatal error: Call to undefined function oci_connect() in C:\wamp64\www\...

php_error.log
[18-Jul-2017 07:43:34 UTC] PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'c:/wamp64/bin/php/php5.6.25/ext/php_oci8_12c.dll' - %1 is not a valid Win32 application.
in Unknown on line 0

[18-Jul-2017 07:43:34 UTC] PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'c:/wamp64/bin/php/php5.6.25/ext/php_pdo_oci.dll' - %1 is not a valid Win32 application.
in Unknown on line 0

[18-Jul-2017 07:43:34 UTC] PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'c:/wamp64/bin/php/php5.6.25/ext/php_oci8_12c.dll' - %1 is not a valid Win32 application.
in Unknown on line 0

[18-Jul-2017 07:43:34 UTC] PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'c:/wamp64/bin/php/php5.6.25/ext/php_pdo_oci.dll' - %1 is not a valid Win32 application.
in Unknown on line 0

[18-Jul-2017 08:44:19 Europe/London] PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function oci_connect() in C:\wamp64\www\Masops\masops_functions.php on line 1393

[18-Jul-2017 08:44:19 Europe/London] PHP Stack trace: ...

I can't find the phrase "not a valid Win32 application" when I search on this site.
Nor do I find any results for just "oci" when searching on this site (without the quotes).

I'm not sure what to do.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

(apparently "A word you have used in your post has been banned from use. Please use a different word or contact the forum administrators." but I can't identify any problem word)

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: OCI - new computer, Call to undefined function oci_connect()
Posted by: RiggsFolly (Moderator)
Date: July 18, 2017 10:56AM

Hi

Did you re-install the Oracle Client on this PC?

Did you install the 63bit version of the Oracle Client?

Actually, is there a 64bit Oracle Client?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Re: OCI - new computer, Call to undefined function oci_connect()
Posted by: darkroomsource (---.ocado.com)
Date: July 19, 2017 08:17AM

I haven't used Oracle client before, but yes, I did install the latest version of oracle client and got the same results, I restarted the computer just to be sure that the install and path "took" but no joy.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.