WampServer 3.1 & Windows 10
Posted by: kgough (---.dyn.centurytel.net)
Date: January 18, 2018 11:02PM

First off, didn't realize I posted this in the French side, that one can be deleted. Heres where the official one will go.

Hello guys,

Working on trying to set up a basic login/register form for testing on my computer. Running WAMP 3.1.0.

Running windows 10, with everything up to date and code from here:
[daveismyname.blog]

I used the same set up when testing about two years ago and everything worked perfect after changing the database, username and password.

Issue i'm having is that after filling out the forum, it should use PHPMailer which is included in the code, to send a confirmation for activating the account to the email on request but it doesn't. I don't get any errors and it doesn't show up at all. Tried coping the same code of to a school server and it works perfectly so I don't know what the issue is. Like I said no errors or anything.

I've been searching here and a few other places for about a month with no avail. I was hoping the issue was a peer verify, tried that, well put it in the right rile I thought and it didn't work. Note: I even tried going back to 3 previous versions of WAMP server and it didn't effect it.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: WampServer 3.1 & Windows 10
Posted by: RiggsFolly (Moderator)
Date: January 19, 2018 10:54AM

Hi,

Not sure how we can help. All i see here is "it does not work" and that does not help us help you in any way/

I can say that PHPMailer does work and that it does work from a WAMPServer installation.

But most of the time email issues are related to how you configure PHPMailer.

Have you set the PHPMailer debug parameter so you see a process flow?
Have you checked the php error log?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.