I kinda dunno my topic but wamp isnt working on me.
Posted by: Shiroe01 (---.vocus.co.nz)
Date: June 03, 2017 11:59AM

My problem: My code is working well on a website and i want to try out the wamp server version of it. Theres nothing wrong with my code except if you want to see it tho: this is the code:

<!doctype html>
<?php
$con=mysqli_connect("localhost","root","","logintest"winking smiley;

?>

there is no error message when I look at my php files and did signup and login. the login didnt work because the signup information didnt register to phpmyadmin->logintest database. I dunno what I should do. I really want to learn php and other web development skills through wamp.

EDIT FOR MORE DETAIL:
what works in my website: the php files are accessable, they are exactly like what I did in the website
what didnt work: trying to change to localhost:8080 but it is fine as long as port 80 is working. I cant seem to insert data to the database.

1 - Windows version used (Specify version number AND whether 32 or 64 bit): 64bit Windows 10 Home
2 - Version WampServer (Specify version number AND whether 32 or 64 bit) 64bit Wamp Server 3.0.6
3 - Apache Version 2.4.23
4 - PHP Version 7.0.10
5 - MySQL Version 5.7.14
6 - What color is the WampServer icon (in the notification area of the taskbar) Green
7 - In the file c:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts, what are the active lines with the name [localhost] in them?
* Active means no # at the beginning of the line.

# 127.0.0.1 localhost
# ::1 localhost

127.0.0.1 midori.com
::1 midori.com

If the WampServer icon is green:

8 - Do you have access to localhost (Homepage WampServer)? Yes
8a - If so, is there an error message at the bottom of the page?
It's a bad idea to add localhost in the url of launching projects. It is best to define VirtualHost in
wamp/bin/apache/apache2.4.23/conf/extra/httpd-vhosts.conf
file and not add localhost in the url.

9 - Do you have access to phpMyAdmin? Yes

10 - If you refer to an error message, please include the EXACT wording of the error in your post - theres no error message
11 - If you use an Antivirus and / or Firewall, please include the names of these: Norton Security
12 - What is the full path to the installation of WampServer (eg D:\wamp\) C:\wamp64
13 - If you have one or more Virtual Hosts defined, please show their definition(s) Midori.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/04/2017 02:53AM by Shiroe01.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I kinda dunno my topic but wamp isnt working on me.
Posted by: RiggsFolly (Moderator)
Date: June 04, 2017 04:18PM

Hi,

Did you create a `logintest` database

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.