WAMP SERVER IS SLOW AS PISS - GoDaddy is faster - What is the problem?
Posted by: plured2perfect (4.35.91.---)
Date: December 21, 2017 02:46AM

I am using Wamp Server on a windows 10 brand new machine. for some reason this server will not load a page faster than the internet. I wanted a local copy of webpages so I could work faster and get more work done in a shorter time. I have disabled cgi_module in Apache. I have disabled XDEBUG in php.ini. I have also changed Local host from localhost to 127.0.0.1 in the etc folder host file.

Sill I go to my site on Godaddy and it loads faster. This is pissing me off. Can anyone help me get this thing to load rocket fast?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: WAMP SERVER IS SLOW AS PISS - GoDaddy is faster - What is the problem?
Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: December 21, 2017 10:15AM

Hi,

In this case the best solution is to leave your production site at GoDaddy and only use Wampserver for development and tuning.
You do not give any details, you did not answer to: READ (and answer) BEFORE YOU ASK A QUESTION
Managing a production server requires skills other than those needed to manage a development server.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Re: WAMP SERVER IS SLOW AS PISS - GoDaddy is faster - What is the problem?
Posted by: RiggsFolly (Moderator)
Date: December 21, 2017 12:25PM

Hi,

A web site will only run as fast as the machine it is on allows. The fact that your laptop is new does not denote that it is well specified for the purposes of running a web server and database and web browser.

A database needs to be configured to cope with the specific needs of your specific site, have you looked at the database configuration? It is of course impossible for us to configure the database to suite your specific needs.

WAMPServer is a great tool, but we assume that it is a development tool. As such users are expected to gather the required knowledge to make it do what they want/need it to do. Apache/MySQL/MariaDB are not trivial pieces of software, having them installed is not the end of the learning curve.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.