Cannot log into Wamp 3
Posted by: JimOldfield (---.range31-50.btcentralplus.com)
Date: December 20, 2017 05:12PM

Hello all,

I have just upgraded from Wamp 2.1 (be removing it entirely from my PC) - I have tried Wammp 2.5 and Wamp 3 but am getting the same problem...

On attempting to login with root and no password I get two error msgs:

This shows above the login box: #2002 - An attempt was made to access a socket in a way forbidden by its access permissions. — The server is not responding (or the local server's socket is not correctly configured).

And this below: mysqli_real_connect(): (HY000/2002): An attempt was made to access a socket in a way forbidden by its access permissions.

I have ensured that all the criteria on the Wamp homepage are met, with regard to redistributables etc, and the Tools on each install (I tried 2.5 first, then uninstalled it and tried 3) are saying all the modules are working correctly. The config file also seems to be OK.

Can anyone PLEASE, PLEASE help me? I'm halfway through dveeloping a WP site and am now totally stuck!!!!

Thank you,
Jim

Re: Cannot log into Wamp 3
Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: December 20, 2017 05:27PM

Hi,

- 1 - READ (and answer) BEFORE YOU ASK A QUESTION

- 2 - - Verify that all VC ++ packages are installed and with the latest versions.
To do this, use the tool:
Checks VC++ packages installed
And you will find all the packages on [wampserver.aviatechno.net] in section Visual C++ Redistribuable Packages
Do not forget that if you have a 64 bit Windows, you must install both 32 and 64 bit versions of each package.
You must install each package "as an administrator", so right-click the exe file and then run as Administrator.
Do not use a previously loaded tool. Make a new download to make sure you are using the correct version.

- 3 - TROUBLESHOOTING TIPS

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Date: December 20, 2017 07:04PM

Hi Otomatic,

Thanks so much for your help and for the brilliant tool, which did reveal that I was missing additional runtimes for two packages.

I installed those as you explained, and the tool now reports all VC++ are now installed correctly.

However on removing and reinstalling Wamp (as administrator) I am still getting the same two error messages...

I ran all the Tools tests again and all say they are correct except for Show VirtualHost examined by Apache, which gives this result:

VirtualHost configuration:

Virtual Host: localhost
*** WARNING: The name of the default server must be 'localhost'

*** WARNING: There is no default server

================== COMPLETE RESULT ==================
VirtualHost configuration:
*:80 localhost (C:/wamp/bin/apache/apache2.4.27/conf/extra/httpd-vhosts.conf:3)

Is there anything you can suggest?

Thank you,
Jim

Date: December 20, 2017 07:26PM

Also - when I try to access the Mysql Console and hit enter at the Password, an Error msg flashes up in the DOS screen but vanishes so quickly that I cannot read it...

I don't know if this is helpful

Date: December 20, 2017 08:58PM

Hi,

Apply wampserver3 update 3.1.1

You didn't answer to - 1 - READ (and answer) BEFORE YOU ASK A QUESTION

Have you followed all the points of: TROUBLESHOOTING TIPS (Except point 20 of course, since you just did it with the tool).

Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Date: December 22, 2017 01:08PM

Hi there,
I am still failing.
Sorry I did not answer read and answer. Here are the answers
I am using Windows 7 64 bit but Wamp 3.1.1 update (as you recommended above).
I have installed both 32 & 64bit redistributables and teh tool says all is ok.
Lights are green on WAMP, I have run all tools and all seem to be ok.
There are no logged errors in any of the logs
I have made sure there is just one entry in hosts - I have tried all the combinations in the 20 troubleshooting tips, with the same result each time. File is now set to 127.0.0.1
In fact everything clearly OUGHT to work!
If I comment out, or change to 'false' this line, $cfg['Servers'][$i]['AllowNoPassword'] = true; phpmyadmin config.inc file, I do get this msg on trying to log in Login without a password is forbidden by configuration (see AllowNoPassword)
However when I change it back to False, I just keep getting the same two error msgs I mentioned in the first post on this thread.
I am not really experienced with virtual servers but really don't get what I am doing wrong.. it all ought to work!

Date: December 22, 2017 01:10PM

PS - I did run all as administrator

Date: December 22, 2017 03:46PM

Hi,

What is the result of: 'http://localhost/test_sockets.php'

The content of C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts file should be
127.0.0.1 localhost
::1 localhost

Date: December 22, 2017 04:07PM

Hi there,

Result was

Socket IPv4 supported

Socket IPv6 supported

By the way, thank you for all your time and trouble.

Jim

Date: December 22, 2017 04:30PM

HI,

You did not answer all of the questions in READ (and answer) BEFORE YOU ASK A QUESTION
For example, which antivirus and firewall you were using.
In almost all cases, they are the culprits; they assign prerogatives, they block access, they forbid modifications of the hosts file; in short, they annoy me prodigiously, the worst of all being AVAST(*)

You need to setup full permission in firewall/antivirus for both Web server Apache and Database server MySQL

(*)As I have already stated several times, I have classified Avast as a "Rogue" (a fake security software).
Because of his too many false positives (I recall that, one day, he deleted more than 80 programs that I had written, and without asking for any confirmation).
Due to the continual absence of responses when false positives are reported.
Because of the considerable slowdowns it causes, and the enormous resources of the machine consumed unnecessarily.
Because of his intruder reminders to buy or renew the subscription.
Because of untimely advertising signatures by default in mails and newsgroups.

I can no longer count the problems that it has caused for users: accounting that was no longer working; blocked payroll; sharing services that were untimely deactivated; software function that disappeared; database servers that were partially destroyed, and so on.

Since it causes more problems than it solves, it can be considered malware.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator

Date: December 22, 2017 05:13PM

Hello Otomatic, and thank YOU!!!!

I have long been running a very old version of ZoneAlarm (9, I think), which has never given me any trouble, but on uninstalling it, your program now appears to be running perfectly.

I guess I will now switch to the Windows Firewall.

Thank you for all your help and I am sorry to have given you so much bother.

Have a very Merry Christmas.

Jim

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.