SSH2 on 64 bit WAMP
Posted by: everseeker (---.swo.res.rr.com)
Date: March 09, 2015 08:13PM

OK, There have been a TON of fuzzy instructions on the innertubes and intrawebs concerning the exact way to install SSH2 on Windows systems. From: it can't be done, to instructions on recompiling SSH2 from source, to telling you to try the bell/book/candle route.
Well, While I can not discuss a solution to ALL the permutations, I CAN comment on my own.
Given:
Windows 8.1, 64bit
WAMPServer Version 2.5 (64 bit) with PHP 5.5.12 and Apache 2.4.9 (As delivered by the WAMPServer 64 bit package)

1. Stop all services on the WAMPServer (console)
2. Go to: [pecl.php.net] and download the '5.5 Thread Safe (TS) x64' file (Which stands for PHP 5.5, Thread Safe, 64 bit) and unpack it somewhere convienent.
3. The folder contains 4 files. This is how you deploy them:
a. License: Read it, love it, chant it to yourself... whatever (Or toss it)
b. php_ssh2.dll place this here: C:\wamp\bin\php\php5.5.12\ext (If you have set up the WAMPServer somewhere else, gods help ye... just aim for the ext folder. For other references to file locations... use a good guess)
c. libssh2.dll place this here: C:\wamp\bin\php\php5.5.12 and here C:\wamp\bin\apache\apache2.4.9\bin
d. stick the php_ssh2.pdb file next to the php_ssh2.dll file. Can't hurt
4. Time to Edit the php.ini files (Yes, FileS)
a. If you want to use the server & PHP, edit the PHP.ini file from the WAMPServer console (WampServer >> PHP >>php.ini
b. If you want to use PHP from the CLI (Command Line) edit the one here:C:\wamp\bin\php\php5.5.12
c. If you want to do both... well... edit both (STRONGLY RECOMMENDED)
To edit, open the ini(s) and look for a group of lines that begin with extension= and add the following line: extension=php_ssh2.dll right after the last one in the list (First, check to ensure that you do not already have it, perhaps commented out, like so: ';extension=php_ssh2.dll' in that case, simply remove the ';' when done, save the file(s)
5. Start all WampServer services.
6. with the WAMPServer console, go here: WampServer >>PHP >> PHP extensions. Check the list for PHP_SSH2. If it is there, and checked... good. If it is there and not checked, click the entry... it should check itself. If it is there, but has a danger symbol ( [www.dropbox.com] ) then you missed something... take another look.
when you get the happy check, time to make sure it all works.

1. Restart all services
2. Place the server online
3. Go to localhost (You DO have the index.php file there still I hope)
4. On the main screen, under extensions, look for ssh2 ( [www.dropbox.com] )
5. In tools, click phpinfo(). since this is flippin ginormous, use cntl-f to hunt for ssh2. You SHOULD come to this: [www.dropbox.com]

Which means you are done.

Woo Hoo

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/09/2015 08:19PM by everseeker.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: SSH2 on 64 bit WAMP
Posted by: everseeker (---.swo.res.rr.com)
Date: March 09, 2015 08:15PM

Many thanks to RiggsFolly for getting on TeamViewer with me to get to the root of the issue I was having
(Issue = listening to StackOverflow recommendations from years ago...)

Posted by: apextox (---.hsd1.fl.comcast.net)
Date: October 01, 2015 11:22PM

This man is a genius. Works!

Posted by: yas (112.134.64.---)
Date: April 14, 2016 04:32AM

Wow.. thnx alt for your help..nic wrk.. I needed to install both mcrypt PHP module and pecl_http extenstion.I am a beginner to this field nd Thanks to you finally i have sucessfully installed the pecl_http extension.Can i have a help to install mcrypt php module also.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/14/2016 04:33AM by yas.

Posted by: RiggsFolly (Moderator)
Date: April 14, 2016 09:55AM

Yas

Please can you start by answerig these questions [forum.wampserver.com]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Posted by: yas (112.134.65.---)
Date: April 14, 2016 02:30PM

yes..Sure .. RiggsFolly ..Thnx alt fr yr consderation..
Windows 8.1, 64bit
WAMPServer Version 2.5 (64 bit) with PHP 5.5.12 and Apache 2.4.9 (As delivered by the WAMPServer 64 bit package)
What are the steps that i need to follow to install mcrypt PHP module??
I have tried by placing mcrypt.dll file in C:\wamp\bin\php\php5.5.12\ext...And changed the php.ini file also.But how can I check whether i have successfully installed both mcrypt PHP module and pecl_http ...

Date: April 14, 2016 05:01PM

This note exists in the php.net documentation

This extension rely in libmcrypt which is dead, unmaintained since 2007.

Please don't rely on it, consider switching to well maintained alternatives (openssl, crypt, password hashing functions, phpseclib, password_compat...)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Posted by: yas (175.157.123.---)
Date: April 14, 2016 05:09PM

Ahh seriously..ddn'tknw abt that earliar..thnx fr tlln..,RiggsFolly,

Posted by: pjv9000 (37.228.242.---)
Date: May 19, 2017 12:59PM

Hello there!

Thanks RiggsFolly for putting together such a detailed and comprehensive guide, however even after following these steps with painstaking precision I am still unable to get the ssh2 extension to be loaded by my Wampserver (it appears with a green check mark next to it via the system tray list, but will not appear on the "localhost" control panel).

I'm using:

Windows 10 64bit
Wampserver 3.0.6 64bit
PHP 5.6.25
Apache 2.4.23

I downloaded the "5.5 Thread Safe (TS) x64" version.

Any ideas? I see my versions are slightly different from what are included in other examples in this thread.

Thanks in advance!

Date: May 19, 2017 05:01PM

Hi,

The version of php_ssh2 for php5.5 wont run in php5.6, surprisingly enough!

Things have changed since I wrote this, there is no php5.6 or 7.0 or 7.1 version of php_ssh2.
I think I am going to have to re-write this process, but I will have to find some time in which to do that.

Of course you could have a look at this and then write up the process and post it here if you like.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.