wampserver and wordpress install
Posted by: jeff121 (---.hsd1.or.comcast.net)
Date: May 09, 2017 06:48PM

Hi Thanks in advance for who might be able to help.

I've installed Wampserver, I believe successfully. All components (apache, PHP, MySQL) all seem to be functioning. I have opened phpmyadmin and succesfully created two databases 'root' and 'mujumold', both with passwords.

I have succesfully downloaded Wordpress. Un-ziped the file and placed the Wordpress folder in the Wamp64/www folder, and changed the name of the Wordpress folder to Muju.

Everything I read about the Wordpress install says I should simply be able to open the 'install.php' and I should be guided the rest of the way. install.php only opens as notepad document.

Next I read I should create a wp-config file from the wp-config-sample, I have done this (more than a couple of times). Maybe.... I am confused as to what information goes into what location.

// ** MySQL settings - You can get this info from your web host ** //
/** The name of the database for WordPress */
define('DB_NAME', 'muju');

/** MySQL database username */
define('DB_USER', 'root');

/** MySQL database password */
define('DB_PASSWORD', 'the password');

/** MySQL hostname */
define('DB_HOST', 'localhost:8080'); (this originally was just localhost, but I have found this as a possibility so I gave it a shot)

/** Database Charset to use in creating database tables. */
define('DB_CHARSET', 'utf8');

If I open up the Wampserver localhost page it shows 'Muju' as a project... Thus I believe Wamperserver is finding the correct location .... it seems I just have something wrong such that Wampserver then does not know what to do when it gets there and simply times out.

Thanks,

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: wampserver and wordpress install
Posted by: RiggsFolly (Moderator)
Date: May 10, 2017 11:19AM

Hi,

I suggest you go back to port 80, and also read The Need For Virtual Hosts Virtual Hosts are even more important that ever when it comes to WordPress.

Setup the VH before you install WordPress as WP remembers the URL you used in the install in its database.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.