Uploading from Wamp Wordpress to Live Site
Posted by: peterpiper (---.bras1.adl6.internode.on.net)
Date: December 07, 2017 06:26AM

I wonder if anyone can point me to a reliable step by step guide to uploading a website created in Wordpress on a local Wamp localhost to a live site. I have been caught in the past trying to follow instructions which turned out not to be reliable, so I'm hoping someone here could point me in the right direction.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Uploading from Wamp Wordpress to Live Site
Posted by: LosoTheCreator (---.res.bhn.net)
Date: December 14, 2017 12:08PM

There are many ways to do this. Here is the most simplest method I know of. If you are more advanced i would recommend learning Git, installing it as well as OpenSSH, and creating a Bitbucket account. I would recommend the advanced route because after you set it up its a lot safer and allows for version control and a lot more control with installations and updates of wordpress and its plugins, as well as managing site files.

Programs to install:

1. WP Sync DB - WP plug-in database migration from local to live site and vice versa ( Google It )

[github.com]

2. Filezilla - FTP program used to download and upload files to and from your server

SIMPLER Way:

Be sure that your live and local server have the same database names.

Make sure you have WP Sync DB plugin installed. Use Filezilla to connect to your server and upload your entire site to your server. Since your local config file will not match your server, you will need to create a duplicate of it with your servers database user and login, as well as any other changes that you may have. Upload and replace that file on your server.

Download your local sql file and do a search and replace of your local address with your live address; example, replace all instances of, "mysite.dev", with "mysite.com" and when done. save as copy. Upload that file to your sites database on your server.

Your site should be up and running now.

Now, use set up WP Sync DB to connect your local and live databases and be sure to allow pushing and receiving where needed. On my local site i do not allow pulling the database. On my live site i allow push and pull so that i can update the database from my local site after making updates.

Now all you have set up your site so that all you have to do from here on out is to edit your local site, then upload then updated files via Filezilla, and then update the database WP Sync DB.

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.