updating wampserver 2.2 to 3.0
Posted by: xmanhattan (---.1.174.90.dsl.dyn.forthnet.gr)
Date: November 30, 2017 04:52PM

Hello,

I have not looked for updates for a long time now and noticed that you are now at version 3.0.6.

I backed up my wamp 2.2 folder and tried to update it but unfortunately it did not work and I do not wish to loose the programs that are currently working.

So, I have restored my backup and am interested in updating from 2.2 to 3 with 32bit.

I have installed all of the necessary VC files.

What is the best way to proceed?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: updating wampserver 2.2 to 3.0
Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: November 30, 2017 05:13PM

Hi,

Last full version is 3.1.0 plus update 3.1.1.

See : Install a new release of Wampserver
then WAMPserver 3 - All you need to know

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Posted by: xmanhattan (---.1.174.90.dsl.dyn.forthnet.gr)
Date: December 01, 2017 09:36AM

So, does the 3.1.1 install over 2.2 without loosing the database and more importantly does it import the previous MySql users?

Posted by: RiggsFolly (Moderator)
Date: December 01, 2017 10:30AM

Hi,

I suggest you read this sticky document Installing a new release of WAMPServer

No you cannot install WAMPServer 3 directly over WAMPServer 2.2 so you will have to follow the section called `The process in Summary for those who consider themselves experts` OR `The Full Instructions with useful info and helpful notes.`

When yo come to installing the new wampserver, the install you should run is `Wampserver 3.1.0` as that is the last Full Install.
Once that is installed and you have checked it works, Install the WAMPServer 3.0.1 Upgrade to bring yourself to the latest version of the WAMPServer code.

Then you can start copying your old versions of Apache and MySQL from the `wamp_old` folder, or whatever you renamed your existing install folder to.

But please DO read and inwardly digest Installing a new release of WAMPServer before starting the process.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Posted by: xmanhattan (---.74.229.134.dsl.dyn.forthnet.gr)
Date: December 01, 2017 01:53PM

Okay, thank you.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.