phpmyadmin - login and GUI problems
Posted by: nathanhogan (---.range31-49.btcentralplus.com)
Date: November 25, 2017 05:19PM

I am stuck trying to login to the phpMyAdmin page.
I have tried changing the allow password to True, tried using Root in the user name and blank password etc, though these have not resolved it.
When opening phpMyAdmin, the url it opens with is "[localhost];. I get the landing page with two forms, I) Language selection, ii) Log In with Username, Password and Server Choice.
I do not get the various menu and tabs etc that I see on the demo page and tutorials on youtube.

I am running the following systems:
* WAMP: "wampserver3.1.0_x64",
* phpMyAdmin: "phpmyadmin 4.7.4".
* Windows 10
* Microsoft Edge browser: 40.15063.674.0 and Microsoft Edge HTML 15.15063
* Chrome: Version 62.0.3202.94 (Official Build) (64-bit)

I suspect it may be a setting with the port using 8080, which I manually changed previously as I was not able to get WAMP to work and go green in the status tray.

Can anyone help me please?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: phpmyadmin - login and GUI problems
Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: November 25, 2017 06:12PM

Hi,

See file wamp64\read_after_install-english.txt as you didn't read informations given at the end of installation.

> using 8080, which I manually changed previously
Why ?
And, by changing the port manually, are you sure you've done it wherever it's needed?
Port 80 is the http protocol port and should only be changed for special reasons.
See TROUBLESHOOTING TIPS and more specifically items 3 and 8

And if you really have to change the port of Wampserver, there is an integrated tool that does it wherever it's needed and, moreover, memorizes that choice, which is not done when you do it manually.
Right-Click -> Tools -> Use a port other than 80

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Date: November 25, 2017 06:42PM

Tanks for the prompt reply
The reason for changing the port is that WAMP was not working and many help files advised to do this to get it working, ie to go Green.
Can you advise further on he integrated tool to change the port, or is that the command of Right-Click -> Tools -> Use a port other than 80??

Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: November 25, 2017 06:55PM

Hi,

Did you read and apply items 03 and 08 of TROUBLESHOOTING TIPS ?
but that does not prevent you from reading all the other points.
Maybe if you checked everything, it would have avoided changing the Apache port. I repeat that except in very special cases, do not change the port of Apache. You do not specify a port number when you go on the WEB, so there is no objective reason to change the port locally.

The command given above is the one to change the Apache port.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Date: November 25, 2017 07:31PM

Thanks, will try this tomorrow. Going out shortly. Will respond on progress.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.