MySql e Workbench - What do I do if I already have them installed, can I simply reinstall the wamp?
Posted by: Pitaco (---.virtua.com.br)
Date: November 23, 2017 08:17PM

I already have Mysql installed on my machine and the Workbench can install WampServer without problems?

Or should I remove applications before?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: MySql e Workbench - What do I do if I already have them installed, can I simply reinstall the wamp?
Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: November 23, 2017 08:28PM

Hi,

I can not predict what can happen to the installation of Wampserver if another instance of MySQL already exists.
It depends on several parameters:
- Is this MySQL instance active during Wampserver installation?
- Where is the my.ini file for this instance of mySQL?
- Is the service starting this instance started?
- Which port is used by this instance of MySQL.
- etc.

Wampserver can make MySQL and MariaDB live together because they use different ports and different services and their "my.ini" configuration files are defined inside the folders.

It is best to uninstall this instance of MySQL (Remember to back up the related databases by exporting to SQL files) and check that its my.ini file has been deleted as well as the service.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Re: MySql e Workbench - What do I do if I already have them installed, can I simply reinstall the wamp?
Posted by: Pitaco (---.virtua.com.br)
Date: November 23, 2017 08:47PM

Hi,

Hello, thanks!

I have several hard disks partitioned like this;

I installed Wamp on another drive, installed everything normal, but for not having done the installation

process on drive C: I do not know how to evaluate because the warning in the windows taskbar loads only the

applications installed in c, there is a way to move to the task bar the wamo monitor, or is that solution bad?

Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: November 23, 2017 09:04PM

Hi,

> I do not know how to evaluate because the warning in the windows taskbar loads only the applications
> installed in c,
I don't understand !

I have eight partitions C: (Windows system) to J: and Wampserver is installed on J: and that's no problem.
When you start Wampserver with its shortcut, the Wampmanager icon is in the notification area of the taskbar.

But, in some cases, this icon is found in the hidden icons area.
Have you looked in the hidden icons window of the notification area?
Click the vertical chevron to the left of the notification area:

then drag and drop Wampmanager icon in the tray:

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.