Can I retrieve a deleted MySQL database? sad smiley
Posted by: Brovashift (---.40.248.229.threembb.co.uk)
Date: April 11, 2017 03:49PM

Hi people,

I made a simple WordPress portfolio website for a friends building company about 5 months ago using Wamp, where it has sat untouched on the laptop ever since.

Being now ready to promote his new work has asked me to get it setup for him, however... Attempting to run the site again locally in Wamp I get the 'Error connecting to database' message. Looking in myPHPAdmin I don't see the database there. I don't know what I have done, whether I have deleted it thinking I won't need it or if I have uninstalled Wamp and reinstalled for some reason, but I haven't used Wamp much after completing his project. I was tinkering around with another idea but that would / should have not caused me to delete any databases.

I have run recuva and found many wamp files that have been deleted, particularly from this project, but I don't know if the database is there. I see filenames there but they look like they might be names of the tables and not the whole database itself. Also, many of these are not good quality, being partly overwritten, some are Excellent status.

As I have all the files and folders, is there anything I can do to recover... restore.... safe my ass lol, because I don't want to make the whole things again as it took me weeks.

Even if I cannot recover the database, as the site is just a simple portfolio website, with no users, logins, dynamic data etc. is there a way I can create a new database just to get the site to display correctly and then set about recreating the missing parts / data? Although there is a login to the WP admin backend of course!

I really hope someone can help as this feels grim! sad smiley

Thanks in advance

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/11/2017 04:04PM by Brovashift.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Can I retrieve a deleted MySQL database? sad smiley
Posted by: RiggsFolly (Moderator)
Date: April 12, 2017 10:04AM

Hi

It is very difficult to help with this kind of issue remotely.

Can you post some details from your mysql error log, just so we have a better idea of the issues.
Also can you answer all these question so we know a bit about the versions of WAMPServer etc you are using Read and Answer before you ask a question

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.