A real puzzling website transfer that failed
Posted by: FuzMic (123.136.115.---)
Date: November 18, 2017 07:27AM

A real puzzling website transfer that failed

I have a working Joomla website in a pc wampserver localhost. It is running Jm3.8.2 with Helix 3 v2.4 as template and a sp pagebuilder v3; it had full access both front & back. Everything here looks perfect with these latest updates.
Then I backup all the folders as zip and transfer to another pc local host. “With phpadmin I export the related mysql.datatbase from the 1st pc and import into 2nd.\
But when I access the 2nd pc website, it flag the following error
Fatal error: Can't use function return value in write context in /localhost.website/components/com_sppagebuilder/helpers/helper.php on line 34
Of course this is caused by sp pagebuilder as all pages created the sp pagebuilder suffers the same fate.

I can access the Joomla backend in the 2nd pc, and change the home page to an ordinary article, then website have no error on opening but the moment I try to open a menu with a sp pagebuilder, the same error occur.

The PUZZLE is
Why the website works on the 1st pc, but an exact duplicate in the 2nd pc, the fatal error occur. I have done this way of transfer many times without a single error. This is my first encounter.
Any pointers guys.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: A real puzzling website transfer that failed
Posted by: RiggsFolly (Moderator)
Date: November 18, 2017 08:28AM

Then something is different between the 2 environments

Please start all your questions with the answers to the Sticky post called 》READ AND ANSWER ALL THESE QUESTION BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION'

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Posted by: FuzMic (123.136.106.---)
Date: November 18, 2017 12:03PM

Yes Chris here is the comparision of environment from Pc1 to older pc2 pc1/pc2

1 - Windows version: win10.1703 64bit / win 7 Ultimate sp1 64 bit
2 - Version WampServer 3.1.0 64 bit / 2.4 32 bit
3 - Apache Version: 2.4.23 / 2.4.4
4 - PHP Version: 5.6.25 / 5.4.1
5 - MySQL Version: 5.7.14 / 5.6.2
6 - What color is the WampServer icon: Green / Green

What bugs me i always assumed that when i upload from any environment to service provider use the direct copy and phyadmin import i don't get any issues. This is the first time i face this problem. So i use same old method to try it out in pc2 and the problem is reproducible.

Advice please, stuck. I think i need to change the host to php minimum 5.6, is that correct plus use only file cache.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/18/2017 12:25PM by FuzMic.

Posted by: RiggsFolly (Moderator)
Date: November 18, 2017 02:30PM

Hi
Big differences between php5.4 and 5.6

Get the environments to match and things will go better for you

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Posted by: FuzMic (123.136.117.---)
Date: November 19, 2017 12:16PM

Yes Sir

Already changed at host to php 5.6, website working. Thank you.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.