moving the default index.php in www
Posted by: xr00tx (---.neo.res.rr.com)
Date: March 01, 2006 04:44AM

I have the latest version and it all works great but my question is I want to move the default wamp "admin" panel ot a different location. Now I know where to change the the linking the index.php file to access the phpinfo, phpmyadmin and sqlserver admin. What I need to know is where to change the linking so I can access My Projects and My Aliases. See the isue I'm getting is when i moved it (http://localhost/admin/index.php) everytime I click on any of the links under my project and my aliases, it changes the link to:

[localhost]

and so on and not the real link:

[localhost]

like it would be if I had the index.php in the www directory. Thanks for the help

/usr/bin/r00t

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: moving the default index.php in www
Posted by: CyberSpatium (---.hsd1.or.comcast.net)
Date: March 01, 2006 09:11AM

moving the WAMP index page is a big deal, you will have to edit the index page to update all the links. Also, you will have to know how to edi t the aliases to point to the new location of the phpmyadmin and wamp admin.

The easiest fix would to be to to use htaccess to password protect the wamp index page. Also put htaccess protection in your phpmyadmin folder to protect that too.

Re: moving the default index.php in www
Posted by: yfastud (72.236.169.---)
Date: March 02, 2006 06:37PM

Hi,

I'd like virtual host set up so only you know where to get into you welcome page or when you in local network, hope only you in your local network.

For example:

<VirtualHost *>
ServerName www.yourdomain.com
ServerAlias yourdomain.com
DocumentRoot X:/wamp/www/yourmainfolder
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost *>
ServerName localhost
ServerAlias webadmin.yourdomain.com
DocumentRoot X:/wamp/www
</VirtualHost>

Hope this help,

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.