PAth changed on resources in drupal site using WAMP
Posted by: davidw (---.roc.noaa.gov)
Date: October 31, 2017 08:12PM

Hi I have WAMP installed on a windows 10 pc it was working perfectly, some how the path got changed on the resources and not sure how to correct it.

I have a drupal 7 install adding images to a page my path should be /sites/images/image.png
but now to get my images to show I have to go to each image and change the path to reflect the root folder of the site.
example:
if my website is in a folder called " mysite" I would have to go and change the path to /mysite/site/images/image.png to see the image now once I move the site to a production server my images wont show because the path were change when on the local host .

If any one knows where to go to correct this I would be much appreciative.

Cheers
Dave

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: PAth changed on resources in drupal site using WAMP
Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: October 31, 2017 08:26PM

Hi,

You MUST use VirtualHost for your local site. Read and apply : The need for Virtual Host

You did not realize it, but on your production server, your site is installed in a VirtualHost, like all the hosters.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Re: PAth changed on resources in drupal site using WAMP
Posted by: davidw (---.roc.noaa.gov)
Date: October 31, 2017 08:48PM

Thanks I had set that up but was not working the way it did when installed . Looks like it is working better now.
Cheers
For your help!
D

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.