Crons
Posted by: bjmag94 (58.178.200.---)
Date: October 27, 2017 03:40AM

I have been trying to run my cron job I have tried a few tutorials on youtube, I have tried scheduled tasks, but nothing, how would I run it?

The URL I want to run is www.mysite.com/includes/timer/update_five_mins.php

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Crons
Posted by: RiggsFolly (Moderator)
Date: October 27, 2017 09:48AM

Hi

You dont run a url from a Scheduled Task. You run a script via PHP CLI.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Date: October 27, 2017 12:36PM

Okay thank you, how do I do this?

Date: October 28, 2017 01:05AM

Google can be your friend.

Google "task scheduler php"

This site is for issues with WAMPServer itself, this is not a WAMPSevrer issue.

This site is also not for those that cannot be bothered to do any research for themselves.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Date: October 28, 2017 07:19AM

I have google searched and have come up with nothing, and you said I don't run a URL via scheduled task windows, but that search is bring back nothing but for Windows Scheduled Tasks..
And can't be bothered doing the research, the post states that I have searched for it and have come up with nothing and what I have tried (tutorials) do not work...
I was simply just wondering if anyone has any methods of running a cron on wamp, because wamp does not give you any options for cron jobs....
So yes I have done the research, but can't find anything, so why be rude about it?

Date: October 28, 2017 02:59PM

Right on windows they are not CRON jobs. CRON is a Unix feature.

On windows you can use Task Scheduler to achieve the same results.

Neither CRON nor Task Scheduler have anything to do with a Web Server or anything else delivered with WAMPServer.

Task Scheduler is a Windows Feature, documented on the microsoft site.

All you need to do is create a php script and then get Task Scheduler to launch it at the times you want to run it,

Date: October 29, 2017 02:05AM

And I have tried that, with about 25 tutorials on youtube, and get no result from it, it doesn't update anything

Date: October 30, 2017 09:47AM

If a task scheduled by Task Scheduler produces error, you can view those errors from the Task Scheduler.

Are you getting any errors?
If so what are they?

Nobody here is going to write this for you as we have absolutely zero idea what you are actually trying to achieve and non of us are not clairvoyant!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.