wampmanager.ini keeps reverting back.
Posted by: neo314 (---.hsd1.or.comcast.net)
Date: January 31, 2008 01:54AM

I just installed WAMP 2 and I am trying to make adjustments to wampmanager.ini to use ultra edit instead of notepad. Everytime I change wampmanager.ini; close and reopen wamp; and look at wampmanager.ini, it has reverted back to it's original notepad.exe.

Any idea why?

I also tried closing wamp first. Making the change to wampmanager.ini and then opening wamp, but the same thing happens. It changes my ultra edit entry to notepad.exe.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: wampmanager.ini keeps reverting back.
Posted by: gumframe (---.hsd1.pa.comcast.net)
Date: February 22, 2008 07:57AM

i'm having the same issue here. does anyone have a solution?

Posted by: gumframe (---.hsd1.pa.comcast.net)
Date: February 22, 2008 08:04AM

the solution seems to be to make changes in wampmanager.tpl.

on startup, it looks like wampmanager.tpl is parsed and used to re-initialize wampmanager.ini

Posted by: neo314 (---.hsd1.mn.comcast.net)
Date: July 29, 2008 10:55PM

Guess I was not subscribed to this thread, so I have lived with it until I figured it out just now when I updated my install. Thanx gumframe for the response. Sorry I didn't see it sooner.

For anyone it may help, you can also add an entry for the hosts file to get easy access to that file when establishing a local domain.

Posted by: Veretax (---.mantech.com)
Date: July 31, 2008 09:37PM

Bingo that worked for me. Thanks a bunch!

Posted by: joomir (---.105.214.106.static.midphase.com)
Date: May 29, 2013 02:17PM

my wampmanager.ini currupted where can i download back up for this file for version 2

Joomir Hosting
Ebay Joomir
Web design Joomir
Sitedar.com

Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.as13285.net)
Date: May 29, 2013 03:00PM

Posting more than once is just annoying and does not make things happen faster !!!

Date: February 23, 2014 05:03PM

The simple answer is DO NOT EDIT THE wampmanager.ini file directly. It is rebuilt on each restart from information from various places but mainly the wampmanager.tpl file.

If you want to make a change, edit the wampmanager.tpl file and it will then be reflected into the wampmanager.ini file on each restart of WAMPServer of if you do

right click wampmanager -> Refresh

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Date: April 24, 2014 03:40PM

Wamp refreshes i.e. DESTROYS and RECREATES the wampmanager.ini file each time you run WAMPServer from the desktop icon.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Posted by: pjbeee (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: August 22, 2014 03:34PM

Still quite confused about this. There are entries in the .ini file that are not in the .tpl file.

I wanted to change localhost to localhost:85 in the wampserver tray menu because I'm leaving IIS running on the server (Server 2012 Essentials) at port 80 and changed Apache to 85 (that part seems to be working), but I'm running into issues making those changes.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 08/22/2014 04:30PM by pjbeee.

Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.dynamic.dsl.as9105.com)
Date: August 22, 2014 04:59PM

If you had read the other posts on this thread it is made quite PLAIN

The answer from 3 posts above yours was very PLAIN AND SRTAIGHT FORWARD, it read :-

The simple answer is DO NOT EDIT THE wampmanager.ini file directly. It is rebuilt on each restart from information from various places but mainly the wampmanager.tpl file.

If you want to make a change, edit the wampmanager.tpl file and it will then be reflected into the wampmanager.ini file on each restart of WAMPServer of if you do

right click wampmanager -> Refresh

Posted by: nazila (---.shatel.ir)
Date: March 04, 2017 10:36AM

my wampmanager.ini currupted where can i download back up for this file for version 2

Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: March 04, 2017 10:53AM

Hi,

wampmanager.ini repair tool
Repair tool for wampmanager.ini file if it is corrupted or missing. You can download at any time, but install this tool only if you need it, because it takes into account the current configuration of Wampserver. Also works with Wampserver 2.5.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.