Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
WAMP and OneDrive
Posted by: LosoTheCreator (---.res.bhn.net)
Date: October 20, 2017 04:19PM

After updating to the Windows Fall Creators Edition, the latest Windows 10 update, I can no longer access my sites/virtual hosts when they are stored in my OneDrive. I'm using WAMP 3 and have my virtual hosts outside of the www folder, inside a folder in my onedrive:

c:/users/me/onedrive/server/site

c:/users/me/onedrive/server/siteone

c:/users/me/onedrive/server/sitetwo

The message below appears when trying to access either site, say for example navigating to site.dev:
"PHP Fatal error: Unknown: Failed opening required 'C:/Users/Me/OneDrive/Server/site/index.php' (include_path='.;C:\php\pear') in Unknown on line 0"

"PHP Warning: Unknown: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0"

The message below appears when trying to setup a new vhost in that location (c:/users/me/onedrive/server);

"c:/users/me/onedrive/server/site does not exists or is not a directory"

Before this update on Oct. 10, 2017, I had no problem using and setting up my sites. After moving my site folder/s outside of my OneDrive folder, and remapping the vhost (updating the httpd-vhosts.conf), It worked again, with no errors.

c:/users/me/desktop/server/site
c:/users/me/desktop/server/siteone
c:/users/me/desktop/server/sitetwo

Also it must be noted that none of the file paths changed when i experienced this error, and WAMP always stayed green, even though i got those errors and could not access my site/s. I'd like to continue to use WAMP with my vhosts in OneDrive as i work between my desktop and laptop frequently and need the cloud to sync files back and forth. Much help would be appreciated. Thanks.

httpd-vhosts.conf
<VirtualHost *:80>
	ServerName localhost
	DocumentRoot C:/wamp64/www
	<Directory  "C:/wamp64/www/">
		Options Indexes FollowSymLinks MultiViews
		AllowOverride All
		Require local
	</Directory>
</VirtualHost>

ServerName site.dev
	DocumentRoot "c:/users/me/onedrive/server/site"
	<Directory  "c:/users/me/onedrive/server/site/">
		Options Indexes FollowSymLinks MultiViews
		AllowOverride All
		Require local
	</Directory>
</VirtualHost>

PHP Error Log
[20-Oct-2017 01:20:33 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Unknown: Failed opening required 'C:/Users/Me/OneDrive/Server/site/index.php' (include_path='.;C:\php\pear') in Unknown on line 0

[20-Oct-2017 01:20:37 UTC] PHP Warning: Unknown: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 10/22/2017 11:26AM by RiggsFolly.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: WAMP and OneDrive
Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: October 20, 2017 05:34PM

Hi,

Windows Fall Creator update tends to modify and delete some "things"; I have had the bitter experience of it.

- 1 - - Verify that all VC ++ packages are installed and with the latest versions.
To do this, use the tool:
Checks VC++ packages installed
And you will find all the packages on [wampserver.aviatechno.net] in section Visual C++ Redistribuable Packages
Do not forget that if you have a 64 bit Windows, you must install both 32 and 64 bit versions of each package.
You must install each package "as an administrator", so right-click the exe file and then run as Administrator.

- 2 - Verify the content of the hosts file.

- 3 - Verify that IIS is not activated - Item 08 of TROUBLESHOOTING TIPS

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/20/2017 06:15PM by Otomatic.

Date: October 21, 2017 07:42PM

OK, I ran through your checklist and every thing was correct, yet i still get the error and cannot load my site. I think it may be a PHP issue, I haven't figured it out yet, because if I replace the index.php with an index.html, everything works fine.

After confirming everything was installed from your checklist, and that I am running 3.1.0, I still was/am unable to install a virtual host in any of my onedrive folders, using the setup WAMP provides for virtual hosts. It will not let me proceed as the error message below appears:

"c:/users/loso/onedrive/server/site does not exists or is not a directory"

I also get the message in the WAMP Menu below after updating to 3.1.0. I just uncommented that line because my sites cant access their database if i don't.

"skip-grant-tables" = On - !! WARNING!

I think OneDrive is the culprit here as I mentioned when i updated to the new Windows 10 software (Falls Creators Edition) my site no longer worked running from my OneDrive directory. and if i move it out of OneDrive and remap the site it will work. For now i'll just run the sites of my Dropbox. Thanks. I hope we find a solution.

WAMP 3.1.0 | PHP 7.0.0.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/23/2017 04:02AM by LosoTheCreator.

Posted by: joevta (---.netlife.ec)
Date: October 22, 2017 01:17AM

I'm having the same problem. Obviously Windows changed the way OneDrive works, but I dont know if Wamp can make an update to support this new OneDrive. Hope so.

Date: October 22, 2017 09:28AM

Hi,

> Wamp can make an update to support this new OneDrive.
Wampserver has nothing to do with OneDrive's operation and support.

Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Posted by: RiggsFolly (Moderator)
Date: October 22, 2017 11:48AM

Hi Loso,

Ok, there is obviously something odd going on here, so lets start at the beginning.

Your Virtual Host definitions dont look like they were created using Oto's built in Virtual Host creation tool.
I would expect it to look like

ServerName localhost
	DocumentRoot C:/wamp64/www
	<Directory  "C:/wamp64/www/">
		Options +Indexes +FollowSymLinks +MultiViews
		AllowOverride All
		Require local
	</Directory>
</VirtualHost>

ServerName site1.dev
	ServerAlias www.site1.dev
	DocumentRoot c:/users/me/onedrive/server/site
	<Directory  "c:/users/me/onedrive/server/site/">
		Options +Indexes +FollowSymLinks +MultiViews
		AllowOverride All
                Require local
	</Directory>
</VirtualHost>

Also lets take a looking at your `apache_error.log`

Dont post it all just the tail end to show what happens when you start WAMPServer and then attempt to access one of your sites that is causing you problems.

Have you also checked that the HOSTS file still contains all the require info for your sites? One of MS's favorite boobs is replacing that with a default one

Eg
127.0.0.1   localhost site1.dev site2.dev
::1   localhost site1.dev site2.dev

We can move on to your MySQL issue once we have Apache sorted out. That also looks very strange.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Date: October 23, 2017 03:59AM

PT 1
"Your Virtual Host definitions dont look like they were created using Oto's built in Virtual Host creation tool..."
---
I was using the virtual host creation tool from version 3.0.0. The only thing I changed was adding quotes ( " ) to the DocumentRoot file path, as WAMP would not turn green if they weren't there, not sure why.

DocumentRoot c:/users/me/onedrive/server/site <== WAMP stays orange
DocumentRoot "c:/users/me/onedrive/server/site" <== WAMP works, turns green

DocumentRoot e:/dropbox (personal)/server/mysite <== WAMP stays orange
DocumentRoot "e:/dropbox (personal)/server/mysite" <== WAMP works, turns green

AFTER UPDATING TO 3.1.0 the tool page, which looks different, spits out different code. WAMP turns green, I can put my VHost anywhere without modifying the file. I created a new Vhost with 3.1.0:

ServerName site.dev
DocumentRoot "e:/dropbox (personal)/othersite"
<Directory "e:/dropbox (personal)/othersite/">
Options +Indexes +Includes +FollowSymLinks +MultiViews
AllowOverride All
Require local
</Directory>
</VirtualHost>

Should I update this file so all my vhosts contain the same Options? They all still work, minus those in my OneDrive folder. I also still cannot create a new vhost in my onedrive folder, I still have a Green Icon, and still receive the "document_path" and "document_root" errors in the vhosts submenu.

PT 2
"Also lets take a looking at your `apache_error.log`..."
---
[Sun Oct 22 21:56:15.279186 2017] [auth_digest:notice] [pid 22920:tid 612] AH01757: generating secret for digest authentication ...
[Sun Oct 22 21:56:15.323217 2017] [mpm_winnt:notice] [pid 22920:tid 612] AH00455: Apache/2.4.17 (Win64) PHP/7.0.0 configured -- resuming normal operations
[Sun Oct 22 21:56:15.323217 2017] [mpm_winnt:notice] [pid 22920:tid 612] AH00456: Apache Lounge VC14 Server built: Oct 11 2015 11:49:07
[Sun Oct 22 21:56:15.323217 2017] [core:notice] [pid 22920:tid 612] AH00094: Command line: 'C:\\wamp64\\bin\\apache\\apache2.4.17\\bin\\httpd.exe -d C:/wamp64/bin/apache/apache2.4.17'
[Sun Oct 22 21:56:15.326719 2017] [mpm_winnt:notice] [pid 22920:tid 612] AH00418: Parent: Created child process 10976
[Sun Oct 22 21:56:15.940659 2017] [auth_digest:notice] [pid 10976:tid 552] AH01757: generating secret for digest authentication ...
[Sun Oct 22 21:56:15.982687 2017] [mpm_winnt:notice] [pid 10976:tid 552] AH00354: Child: Starting 64 worker threads.

PT 3
"Have you also checked that the HOSTS file "
---
HOSTS file is fine.
127.0.0.1 site.dev
::1 site.dev

127.0.0.1 othersite.dev
::1 othersite.dev

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/23/2017 04:12AM by LosoTheCreator.

Posted by: hermannv (---.cable.net.co)
Date: October 24, 2017 08:07PM

It happened to me this after the update to windows creators last week.

It seems to be the Mix between OneDrive and Wamp, maybe something about the Onedrive lock the files to other processs.

I have the same situation, I have tested wamp 3.06 thru 3.1 and the result its the same.

I've changed to another directory out of one drive, and it works well.

There will be some work on this line ???

Or just we must forget to have OneDrive replication on cloud ?

Posted by: valentinodelapa (176.32.27.---)
Date: October 24, 2017 09:54PM

I think the problem is solely onedrive and I explain the reason.
My configuration works like this: I moved to onedrive via symbolic links both a subfolder of the apache workbook (called "localsiti" and "{onedrive} / wampdata / sites" ), and the folder where mysql retains the relative data to databases {linked to "{onedrive} / wampdata / database" ).
I also thought that the problem was due to both programs since apache does not see the virtual hosts placed in this subfolder but correctly sees phpmyadmin (actually posed in "c: \ wamp64 \ www" so it does not astonish me) and also database data.
I had to rewrite when I saw the abnormal behavior of other applications against the onedrive folders and I make two examples.
With the latest googledrive update this program can also sync external folders to the source and I to secure a double copy of my work of synchronizing the "{onedrive} / wampdata / sites" folder on googledrive. After the last update the google application looks at this folder as empty!
I also tried to duplicate the folder with a backup and synchronization program using the mirror copy function that does not change the data in the source folder and creates an exact copy by adding the inserted files and deleting the deleted files.
Well, even this program (incidentally "synkBackFree" ) looks at the folder as empty.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/24/2017 10:03PM by valentinodelapa.

Date: October 25, 2017 03:30AM

Yeah it's something about how OneDrive works and treats file paths. I remember this same situation occurred when Windows 8.1 came out. I went back and forth with RiggsFolly to figure out the problem and not long after, the problem was solved. I believe he pushed a new update and I reinstalled WAMP and everything worked as normal. Now here we are 4 year later and OneDrive is at it again. tsk tsk.

Posted by: dreamfalcon (---.rev.webside.pt)
Date: November 08, 2017 04:05PM

Same problem here, and no virtual hosts.
Tried playing with the permissions, unlinking onedrive, but same problem.

Posted by: valentinodelapa (37.77.120.---)
Date: November 08, 2017 09:16PM

It seems that this problem can be detected even with other platforms (xampp, easyPHP) so much that it has been posted as a bug on php.net. Also today was released a fix on the discussion regarding that bug (bug # 75384) only that I did not quite understand how to integrate it into the wamp platform.

Date: November 09, 2017 09:37AM

Hi,

> regarding that bug (bug # 75384) only that I did not quite understand how to integrate
> it into the wamp platform.
This will be integrated with the next versions of PHP which will include the correction of the problem. It will be enough to install the corresponding PHP addon and to switch on this version of PHP.

Posted by: pluto (---.static.qld.asp.telstra.net)
Date: November 22, 2017 03:56AM

Losothecreator - Did you get any further on this?

I have exactly the same problem using OneDrive for Business with Wampserver. None of my virtual hosts are working after upgrading windows 10 4 days ago.
Absolutely nothing had been changed and the paths that are reported as missing are still there. Wampserver also glows green in the tray.

All very baffling. I've tried using SUBST to change the path but it didn't work either.

Posted by: azzler (175.158.217.---)
Date: November 25, 2017 04:26AM

i'm having the same issue, maybe it's onedrive or windows. i'm thinking of an alternative syncing virtualhost folder to onedrive. adding external folder to onedrive sync. is it possible?

Posted by: tbyte (191.85.154.---)
Date: December 04, 2017 09:39PM

Hi. I have the same problem. This is clearly a problem in OneDrive (they changed somtething already). I have 2 laptops that I use regularly, both are configured using OneDrive with my account.

This problem started after Fall Creators Update. And, there's nothing you can do unlinking OneDrive, or installing/uninstalling it, because I formatted one oth the laptops and installed everything again, and the problems is there again.

PHP sites and folders outside OneDrive work just fine, as always... But, when you try to open a .php file inside a folder in OneDrive, the error comes:

"Warning: Unknown: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0
Fatal error: Unknown: Failed opening required 'C:/Users/xxx/file.php' (include_path='C:\xampp\php\PEAR') in Unknown on line 0"

You can see and navigate through folders inside OneDrive using localhost, but the final .php file trow the above error when you try to open it.

Hope this help, because it's driving me crazy!! I dont want to stop usign OneDrive, because this folder is shared with 2 team workers, and we need to access this website to update things, etc... So it's a PITA to change everything!

Posted by: rafanake (---.virtua.com.br)
Date: March 22, 2018 04:00PM

Im Having the exaclty same problem, any workaroud found?

Date: March 22, 2018 04:05PM

Hi,

« This is clearly a problem in OneDrive (they changed somtething already) »

Posted by: esun (---.bb.spark.co.nz)
Date: April 03, 2018 07:06AM

I had been struggling with the same problem.

This PHP thread/bug (https://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=75384&edit=3) suggests that the problem is fixed in PHP from version 7.1.10 onwards.
So I installed the wampserver 3.1.3 upgrade as well as the php 7.1.16 add-on (from the Wampserver downloads page).
I can confirm that the OneDrive access problem is solved when executing php files from the command line (cf. foo.php and bar.php in the thread I referred to); the test fails with php 5.6.31, 7.0.23, 7.1.9 but passes with 7.1.16!
When trying to create an alias directory (Apache section) that points to OneDrive, I still get an error about a non-existent directory. However, if you create the alias with a dummy target directory and then edit the alias to point to the desired directory under OneDrive, it all seems to be working correctly (again)!

Would be good if the "Add an alias" got fixed at some stage...

Date: April 03, 2018 07:02PM

Hi,

> Would be good if the "Add an alias" got fixed at some stage...
Could you give here an example of a VirtualHost or alias that works with OneDrive and Wampserver so I can see how to remove the error.
Thank you.

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.