OCI8 and instanclient
Posted by: jesusvpct (---.azl.upct.es)
Date: October 16, 2017 09:45AM

I've installed WAMP 3.1.0 x64 on Windows7, and I have OCI-8 working fine with Apache when running phpinfo() and showing all info related to PHP and OCI8, and I can work with it, but there is something wrong when I execute php -i from command line, instantclient is not detected and it displays 0.0.0.0. I need this to work because I'm using Laravel with OCI8, and It always displays OCI8Exception using composer update, and I can't run any migration.

Previously, I was using XAMPP 32 bit and worked fine with Apache and with console command, so I don't know why here is not working. I need 64 bit because 32 bit seems to have a bug when using bigger integers on OCI8.

My instanclient is 11.2 version. I've downloaded php-oci8 from [pecl.php.net].

EDITED: It works now! I don't know why, but when adding php to my PATH I've removed instantclient path. Sorry!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/16/2017 10:04AM by jesusvpct.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: OCI8 and instanclient
Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: October 16, 2017 07:59PM

Hi,

> I need 64 bit because 32 bit seems to have a bug when using bigger integers on OCI8.
Integer on PHP 32 bit are always 32 bit.
Integer on PHP 64 bit are 64 bits ONLY for PHP 7.0.0+

For PHP command line you need to edit wamp64/bin/php/php7.1.10/php.ini file.

>I don't know why, but when adding php to my PATH I've removed instantclient path
Except very special cases for which you know exactly what you are doing AND the implications of your addition in the PATH, this is one thing not to do.
You need to look in what order and where PHP will look where the php.ini file is. In addition, the PATH will not be changed if you change the PHP version.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.