phpmyadmin directory
Posted by: st7james (---.dhcp.aldl.mi.charter.com)
Date: September 28, 2017 04:59AM

I am using a standard WAMP64 install which is fully functional. I am trying to locate the phpmyadmin directory on the hard drive. When I open phpmyadmin the url indicates localhost/phpmyadmin/. The httpd.conf file found in wamp64/bin/apache/apache2.4.23/conf indicates the Document Root is "${INSTALL_DIR}/www", found on line 265. I need to copy files into this directory. But I can't find it. I have hidden files and folders revealed in Windows, and have looked in all of the sub directories for the folder. Why does the browser locate localhost/phpmyadmin/, but I can't find it? Where is it?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: phpmyadmin directory
Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: September 28, 2017 09:15AM

Hi,

You confuse url and path files.
PhpMyAdmin, as you can see on the homepage of wampserver (localhost) is launched by an alias. And it is in this alias that you will find what is the path of the PhpmyAdmin files.

Alias is wamp64/alias/phpmyadmin.conf. In thie alias you can find :
Alias /phpmyadmin "c:/wamp64/apps/phpmyadmin4.7.4/"
so, files are in directory c:/wamp64/apps/phpmyadmin4.7.4/

> I need to copy files into this directory
This is c:\wamp64\www\
But, you do not have to copy files directly into this folder, you have to create a folder, for example "c:\wamp64\www\mysite\", and put your files in this folder.
But, best for your local sites, is to use VirtualHost, see The need for Virtual Host

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.